Last post Mar 01, 2007 01:54 AM by Garzon
Feb 24, 2007 05:13 PM|Garzon|LINK
I am developing a website in Portuguese, and I need to use special characters like á, é, etc.. I already changed the globalization setting on my web.config file. It looks like this:
It worked fine.. When I use special characters on any of the .aspx pages it appears correctly. But I have a label on the .master page and I noticed that it doesn't
work. When the user tries to login there is a special word: "usuário". It won't appear correctly on my master page, but if I try it on any other page it works.
I just did a response write on the page load of the index.master page and on the page load of a content page.
I uploaded the file to my host, look on the left upper corner of the page:
Do you know why it happens?
Thanks in advance!
Feb 25, 2007 12:55 AM|vivek_iit|LINK
Can you let me know how your are setting that special world (both in master as well as content page)? From the link in your post, I see a different words for both master and content pages and I want to know if you are using resource files or not, else
where is the content stored?
Feb 25, 2007 03:27 AM|Garzon|LINK
I am not using html code like ! !, etc.. I just typed Usuário on both files.. on the .master file and on the .aspx file..
Using the Response.Write("Master Page Response.Write: Usuário") it will show the word like you saw on the page... But using the Response.Write on the .aspx content file it will appear correctly.
Resource files? I don't even know what is that hehe, sorry...
The content is stored on the cadastrese.aspx file.. just like this:
Feb 26, 2007 11:38 PM|vivek_iit|LINK
I recreated your scenario and it was working in my case, i.e. my contect page and master page showed the same string which I hardcoded in Response.Write(). So it is quite difficult to comment on your scenario, may be you can send your solution in a zip file
to me (remove all extra code except reponse.Write()).
Mar 01, 2007 01:54 AM|Garzon|LINK
I found out why it wasn't working correctly on the master page..
The webdesigner was sending me .html files generated by the Dreamweaver and it contained a meta inside the head tag, just like this:
I removed this line and everything is working fine now.. :)
Thank you very much for your attention!