Last post Feb 14, 2007 09:41 PM by yyokota
Feb 14, 2007 05:04 PM|yyokota|LINK
Hi I am trying to upload my first ASP.NET page on the net using IIS. These are what I did:
1) First, I downloaded .NET (2.0?).
2) I upgraded Windows XP Home to Professional, then installed IIS 5.1. I created virtual folder. Default web site > testASP. The path for the ASP.NET files is C:Inetpub\wwwroot\testAsp
3) I downloaded Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. (I already have Visual Studio 2005, but there is not ASPl.NET web application icon on C# nor VB. I don't even know why...)
4) I created Default.aspx file. This code takes an input of the user name and display it as a label. I ran this program and it worked on the local host. But "the file does not found" message appeared on the net.
5) As a test, I created a simple Default.htm page. This page appeared on the net.
I would like to know how I can upload ASP.NET pages successfully on the net. Thank you in advance.
Feb 14, 2007 06:03 PM|aus_nexxus|LINK
Because you installed IIS after .Net you need to register the .NetFX with IIS. Run this in a command line
Feb 14, 2007 08:00 PM|yyokota|LINK
>Because you installed IIS after .Net you need to register the .NetFX with IIS. Run this in a command line
Thank you for the quick reply! But, I am still new to this. I just typed in the command line like this:
C:\> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
But, nothing happened....
To register the files, which program shold I go to, .Net (I haven't tested it yet),
ASP.NET or IIS? I suppose I have to go to .NET site and learn more....
Feb 14, 2007 08:09 PM|yyokota|LINK
I just searched this term at MSDN site. Threre are several articles on ASP.NET IIS registration tools... Maybe this is it? I am going to read them to understand it. Thanks, I'll try.
Feb 14, 2007 08:39 PM|aus_nexxus|LINK
aspnet_regiis.exe is in this folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 you need to do a cd to get to it. or you can just use C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i.
Feb 14, 2007 09:35 PM|yyokota|LINK
>aspnet_regiis.exe is in this folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 you need to do a cd to get to it. or you can just use C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i.
yyokota: Oh, you already gave me a reply. Before that, I tried it by myself and I did! :)
1) Yes, I took my old computer science textbook from the bookshelf to find the command :) I changed the directories.
2) Then, I searched where the .exe file is, and typed exactly what you wrote above. The message was Start installing ASP.NET<2.0.50727>. It takes several seconds.
3) After that, I opened IIS, right click at Default Web Site to open properties. Home directory tab, then Configuration.... Finally I saw .aspx extention!
4) I went back to the browser, and typed
http://(myComputerName)/textASP/ex_5_10.aspx This is a text file I created. I saw the page on the net! I don't know but the loading speed was a little slow.... Anyway, it worked!
Thank you, thank you so much [:D]
Feb 14, 2007 09:41 PM|yyokota|LINK
>http://(myComputerName)/textASP/ex_5_10.aspx This is a text file I created.
OOps, I mean, "This is a test file I created." In this file, when a user check a check box, characters changed from normal to underline, bold or strike out.
Again, thanks Philip.