ASP.NET Forums/Advanced ASP.NET/SQL Server Reporting Services/TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not b...

TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be foundRSS

3 replies

Last post Dec 27, 2013 05:37 AM by gokulmh20

ReportViewer

Jim Langdon
  • jim_langdon jim_langdon

3 Points

21 Posts

Re: TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found

Feb 05, 2007 05:18 PM|jim_langdon|LINK

After further research I discovered that my report would run if I moved the DataSet1.xsd reference
    from reports/app_code/DataSet1.xsd TO the app_code folder in the root of the website - app_code/DataSet1.xsd.

The question now is:  Can I assign the report to a data source defined in the reports/app_code folder?  It would be nice
    to have ALL the report related files in a specific folder.

Jim Langdon
  • prabhatasp prabhatasp

1 Points

86 Posts

Re: TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found

Mar 02, 2009 07:36 AM|prabhatasp|LINK

Hi all,

I am getting same error also. I enter my error details below.

The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found.]
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.GetType(String typeName) +308
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteInsert(IDictionary values) +241
    System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Insert(IDictionary values, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +173
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.HandleInsert(String commandArg, Boolean causesValidation) +623
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +745
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +163
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +107
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +203
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +31
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +32
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +72
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3839

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.312; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.312

This error has been generated when i want to upload a document using file upload control with ajax. I am putting  file upload control with in form View control. The html code is:

<asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" DefaultMode="Insert">
                                                                         <InsertItemTemplate>
                                                                         <table width="100%" border="0">
                                                                         <tr>
                                                                         <td>
                                                                         <asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server"  />
                                                                         </td>
                                                                         <td>
                                                                        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator2" ValidationGroup="file" runat="server" ControlToValidate="FileUpload1"
                                                                            ErrorMessage="File Name is Required">Certificate File Name is Required</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                                                                            </td>
                                                                            <td>
                                                                            <asp:ImageButton ID="btnUploadCertificate" ValidationGroup="file" CommandName="Insert" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/CRM_Buttons/Upload-New-Certificate.jpg"  />
                                                                            </td>
                                                                         </tr>
                                                                          </table>
                                                                           </InsertItemTemplate>
                                                                            </asp:FormView>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" InsertMethod="Insert"
                                                                                SelectMethod="Select" TypeName="String" DataObjectTypeName="">
                                                                            </asp:ObjectDataSource>   

Thanks.

TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found

• gokulmh20 gokulmh20

None

0 Points

1 Post

Dec 27, 2013 05:37 AM|gokulmh20|LINK

To be continued from upper post

X..........................

7. Add a new web form to the reports folder and add the reportviewer control.

8. Click the smart tag for the reportviewer control and choose the report I just created.

9. The default ObjectDataSource1 is automatically added. 

10. Delete above objectdatasource1 and create new one by own "objectdatasource1". Then click smart tag of reportview. click rebind datasource

11. Run the application. Done Enjoy its done..belive me!!!!

ReportViewer

• ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›