Last post Dec 16, 2006 02:02 PM by vivek_iit
Dec 15, 2006 02:47 PM|thiago madeira|LINK
I made an multi lingual page, and it worked fine on my computer under VS 2005.
When I uploaded it to the host site, it didn't work.
The page opend, withouth errors, and even if I changed the language it didn't change it. It always got the default resource file.
for exemple: test.aspx.resx and test.en.aspx.resx, it only used test.aspx.resx file.
How can I make it work on the server?
Dec 16, 2006 06:46 AM|vivek_iit|LINK
How many locale specific resource files you have? What is the default locale? It seems currently you have only 2 locales: one is default (which you did not specify) and the other one is EN. How are you changing the culture?
Check this article :
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/localization.asp It might answer some of your queries.
Dec 16, 2006 12:26 PM|thiago madeira|LINK
thank you for your answer.
I have seen the article you suggested. I have downloaded the source files, and tested on my machine, under VS 2005. It has worked fine, changing all the languages, but when I put online the, it does not work, I mean, the site opens but when I try to change
I think it's missing something on the server that I'm putting the site, but I don't know what is missing, as the site works fine on my machinge, and on-line it does not give any errors.
You may give it a try: http://www.lusocarioca.com.br/test.aspx
Dec 16, 2006 02:02 PM|vivek_iit|LINK
It seems the runtime is not able to read values from the resource files. The thread's culture is changing properly (as see by calendar control values) but somehow resource file values are not being picked up. Make sure the app is configured properly. Try
to run this one another server. Somehow I feel this issue is configuration related only.