Last post Dec 06, 2006 04:27 PM by jcwilso6
Dec 06, 2006 04:27 PM|jcwilso6|LINK
The position is located in Northbrook, IL
For over 75 years, Allstate has been helping protect homes, cars and families across the country.
As the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurance company, our success is built on an environment where the talents and contributions of every person are supported, respected and encouraged.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER - CONSULTANT
Professional and Senior-Level Opportunities
The APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER - CONSULTANT position is an experienced, senior-level role within Allstate Insurance. As an Applications Developer - Consultant, you will be responsible for creating detailed technical specifications, developing application and
system code, participating in code reviews and module testing, and supporting on-going maintenance.
This position is based within our Protection Technology group-the largest of four Allstate IT centers that designs and deploys advanced technology for the #1 publicly traded property and casualty insurance carrier in the U.S.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Analyzing and recommending solutions to meet business, functional and high-level technical requirements as subject matter expert.
- Mentoring and coaching peers, colleagues and less experienced developers.
- As a referral expert in programming languages, data structures and design methods, evaluates detailed technical design components.
- Assisting in the creation and reviewing detailed project estimates and work plans.
- Determining programming approach, tools, and techniques to best meet business requirements.
- Programming of complex code requiring subject matter expertise or workload balance.
- Ensuring code reviews are conducted and quality standards are achieved for changes, enhancements, standards compliance and systems interoperability
- Creating test plans and organizing code test reviews including tracking and resolution of complex defects.
- Managing process/complex problem resolution and recommending best practices for production-level code support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Preparing and packaging production-ready code modules to staging with proper communications to QC, developers, and management.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Program Design - Mastery of programming tasks for complex applications and has provided leadership in all tasks and activities required to complete a programming design phase.
- Applications System Architecture - Demonstrated knowledge of how business applications and support systems are structured with detailed systems architecture knowledge to support the business area.
- Programming - Has played a lead role in all tasks and activities required to complete programming tasks for complex applications and experience with full system implementations.
- Program Documentation - Demonstrated ability to translate detailed and complicated technical ideas into easily understood documents.
- Program Testing - Skilled at testing between programs for an entire system-demonstrated use of terminal debugging systems and interprogram/interlibrary text editing.
- Applications Knowledge - Demonstrated business understanding of an applications as well as the impact of new technology, platforms and design criteria on the application.
3+ years in C#, ASP.NET, XML, SQL, .NET Framework 1.1
Preferred: .NET Framework 2.0, Test Driven Development, Agile Software Development
College Degree preferred
Allstate is widely recognized as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For in IT". Forbes, Fortune, BusinessWeek, ComputerWorld, InformationWeek and Chicago magazines have also recognized us for our innovative and rewarding work environment.
Allstate employs more than 4,000 information technology professionals that design and deliver innovative technology solutions for our businesses. We offer extensive benefits including major medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401k and pension
Make a difference with the "Good Hands" people.
Learn more at Allstate.jobs