Last post Nov 21, 2006 10:11 AM by albertpascual
Nov 17, 2006 03:29 PM|hophachthanhlong|LINK
I got the error below and am not able to find out the cause. I have spent more than a day on this. Has anyone encountered this error below? Please help.
Warning 1 The type 'MemberProfile' in 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\askmetech\c72549a6\9297fa06\App_Web_r-oxadxs.0.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'MemberProfile' in 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\askmetech\c72549a6\9297fa06\App_Code.-avdtcnt.dll'. Using the one in 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\askmetech\c72549a6\9297fa06\App_Web_r-oxadxs.0.cs'. c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\askmetech\c72549a6\9297fa06\App_Web_r-oxadxs.0.cs 300
I created the following classes
App_Code --> MemberProfiles (sub folder): MemberProfile.cs, MemberProfiles.cs, MemberProfilesProvider.cs, SqlMemberProfilesProvider.cs, xmlMemberProfilesProvder.cs
When I created those memberprofiles classes, I used the News classes that came along with the Small Business website project.
Nov 17, 2006 04:16 PM|albertpascual|LINK
Nov 17, 2006 05:02 PM|hophachthanhlong|LINK
I renamed the class name from MemberProfile to MyMemberProfile but still have the same error indicated above. I think it has to do with how the classes I created below are related. I created them like the News classes that come along with the Small Business
Starter Kit. .
Please help. Thanks
Below are my classes:
Nov 17, 2006 05:08 PM|albertpascual|LINK
First do this:
public class My
MemberProfile : MemberProfile
I believe that all the names you are using are reserved, please rename and let me know
Nov 17, 2006 05:25 PM|hophachthanhlong|LINK
Thanks for responding. I renamed it to the classes below. I still get that error.
MyMemberProfiles (this is a collection)
Nov 17, 2006 05:30 PM|albertpascual|LINK
Nov 18, 2006 07:59 PM|hophachthanhlong|LINK
This problem is fixed. Renaming the classes by find and replace doesn't fix it. I had to delete the classes completely and then create them under a different name like MyMemberProfile.
Nov 18, 2006 09:57 PM|albertpascual|LINK
Nov 20, 2006 06:01 PM|hophachthanhlong|LINK
Nov 21, 2006 10:11 AM|albertpascual|LINK