Last post Sep 18, 2006 10:30 AM by joeyb1000
Sep 13, 2006 06:19 AM|joeyb1000|LINK
I've noticed that after running a build on the deployment project characters like accents, british pound are removed, I've hunted around and noticed that others have reported the issue but I haven't seen any solutions. My understand is that during the build/merge
process the file is being encoded with the default windows encoding unless there is BOM.
Id appreciated any guidance on this issue.
Sep 14, 2006 12:16 AM|Caddre|LINK
I have found none standard solutions so try the link below to see if it works for you and yes we are still looking for maybe one line of code to do the trick. Hope this helps.
Sep 18, 2006 10:30 AM|joeyb1000|LINK
All I've worked thru the issue and thought I would include my solution
Firstly ensure you have the latest version of the web deployments project installed, I noticed that even though I ran the installation file and it told me I had the latest version that I didn't have the latest version of the asp merge exe. I uninstalled
and then reinstalled the web deployment project.
With this inplace use the FileEncoding of the globalization web.config setting to control the output of the files during the web deployment build process, my target charset was to a French audience and the western europe charset was what I requried windows-1252
Hope this helps others.