Last post Jul 27, 2006 07:15 PM by lou
Jul 18, 2006 08:03 AM|R-a-g-n-o-s|LINK
Jul 18, 2006 08:46 PM|adefwebserver|LINK
All you have to do is:
Jul 19, 2006 03:18 AM|R-a-g-n-o-s|LINK
Jul 19, 2006 10:05 PM|adefwebserver|LINK
Jul 20, 2006 03:21 AM|R-a-g-n-o-s|LINK
Jul 20, 2006 08:20 PM|adefwebserver|LINK
Jul 21, 2006 05:14 AM|PMidg|LINK
I'm trying a site upgrade from a v212 mssql database to the v4 install ( i think 4.3.2) ; i just unzipped the v4 to a new directory, created the iis virtual directory, edited release.config to point to the v212 database and browsed to the page. It said
'there is no aspnet_users - do you want to continue anyway' and i went for yes.
The upgrade proceeded thru from 212 up to 432, and eventually I got the login page. No success at logging in at all, just returns to login screen, with the url amended to have 'reference not set to an instance of an object' on the end. There is nothing
in the aspnet membership tables. could that have anything to do with it? The dnn upgrade pdf says something about machine keys - but there were none on the v2 site anyway.
Do you have any suggestions that might help me here? Thanks !
Jul 21, 2006 08:52 AM|adefwebserver|LINK
Jul 24, 2006 06:08 PM|kmideas|LINK
I'm updating from 3.2 to 3.3... if I understand the previous comments all I have to do is back up the Db and Website files, then unzip the 3.3 version over the 3.2. Is that right?
Sounds easy enough.
Jul 24, 2006 10:03 PM|lou|LINK
Jul 25, 2006 07:31 AM|adefwebserver|LINK
I just upgraded a site to 3.3.3 and then upgraded it to 4.3.3 and found that it destroyed my treeview menu.
Was the treeview menu a custom module?
Jul 26, 2006 07:02 AM|rodneyjoyce|LINK
Jul 26, 2006 08:52 AM|adefwebserver|LINK
I upgraded from 3.x to 4.3.3 and my site is unsable due to a
number of reasons which no one seems to know anything about...
I'm going to have to roll it back...
I read the other thread and this seems like permission problems? I know that in my upgrade I also redid all my folder permissions.
Jul 26, 2006 10:29 AM|rodneyjoyce|LINK
Jul 27, 2006 08:22 AM|adefwebserver|LINK
I'm using Windows 2000 (things tend to be different on Windows 2003). I had to change the permissions both in IIS and the Windows File manager to fix things. It seems I had the root directory correct but the sub directories were messed up.
Mostly it was problems with IIS that must have had problems from the days when the site was a DNN2 site and was upgraded. The IIS "Metabase" was just not correct. I think this may have also had to do with going from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0.
Anyway, if I had a hosted account and I couldn't get to IIS and the file manager I would start with a new ASP.NET 2.0 site in a new directory, upgrade my site to 2.0 on my own machine, then FTP the whole thing up to the hosted server.
Jul 27, 2006 07:15 PM|lou|LINK