Mar 24, 2016 03:35 PM|duckkiller53|LINK
After day's of fighting with Crystal Reports (running on Windows server 2012) I have finally conquered all the bugs issues and problems to get reports working. Hopefully this post will help someone avoid the pain that I went through looking for fixes.
2. Add the following to your web.config
Note: the line <identity impersonate … needs to be commented out when debugging
Insert this part after <configuration>
<!-- REQUIRED FOR CRYSTAL REPORTS TO RUN-->
<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/>
<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>
<add key="ResourceUri" value="crystalreportviewers13"/>
<!-- ************end section*************** -->
Insert this part after <system.web>
<!-- REQUIRED FOR CRYSTAL REPORTS TO RUN. -->
<authentication mode="Windows" />
<identity impersonate="true" userName="username" password="password" />
<!-- *************end section***************** -->
3. Use the following example for your crystalReportViewer in your page source Note: EnableCashing=”true” must be added to allow users to click on the tool pane items.
<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" ToolPanelView="None" HasCrystalLogo="False" enableCashing="true" />
4. In the code behind of the page that contains your crystalReportViewer, you need to call your ‘ConfigureReport()” method from Page_Init(). ie: where you set your params and datasource for the report. If you don’t do this your paging will not work
correctly. The report will constantly reset to page 1 and only allow you to view page 2.
5. Make sure (in Visual Studio) you test view the report at least once by entering data for the param’s. If you don’t do this the report won’t be initialized and paging will not work.
I hope these steps help others in the future. Note: I had read that the latest service pack fixed some of these errors ie: like configuring your report in Page_Init() but I installed the latest version of CR from the SAP web site and it still had problems.