Aug 28, 2014 09:14 AM|SSA|LINK
Being a long time member on this site and one thing constantly bothers me and possibly many of you, that how people are asking questions or posting answers without any proper control. examples
1. I want to do this, please hulllllp, urgent, URGET. No further details.
2. I get this error, please help it's urgeeeeeeent. no details.
3. A lot of duplicate questions.
4. A lot of off topic questions.
5. People starts with one question and they end up creating a complete project in one thread.
6. It's not only questions but answers are also having troubles. People even copy the answer and post them again with little change.
May be above points are already raised in another thread, but I got no clue while typing this thread, excuse if it's already discussed.
Why not to implement a review system?
Why not to implement a comment system, so that thread does not grow unnecessary, just asking user to provide details or code sample or to ask what did he tried so far?
Enforce a proper thread formatting by giving moderators or key contributors a possibility to edit threads?
Instead of let MSFT choosing which answer to mark as answer (It's mostly their own answers), why not allow also user to vote on answers, if user doesn't select one?
I get the impression that quality of this forum is going down with lack of these features also contributors interest goes down (can not speak for others but for me it's true). When I a look for a problem on search engine, I often found links to forums.asp.net
but often the answer(s) is/are not relevant. Thread is long or the thread started with something else and end up in off topic discussion.
What is your opinion? An suggestion/idea/remark/comment/flame/troll (?!!) is welcome. Idea is to improve quality of this forum.