Aug 23, 2011 05:48 AM|NightOwl888|LINK
Herein lies the problem: this is exactly what I did so I could get this released. There is no issue with the URLs, they are being generated and output - it is just that the resources are not being served (via WebResource.axd), at least not to the same URL
that is being output. The thing is - I am using a constant to ensure that there is no way they can be different.
(removing the extra periods) because they are named Styles.min.css and Script.min.js, but that didn't help either.
I also used the following method (and downloadable page) to verify whether the URL was being encrypted correctly - and it is exactly the same between DEV and TEST.
What I don't understand is why they would serve up on Windows XP Pro, but not on Windows 2008 Server R2 (x64). I also can't seem to pin down why this DLL that has been working fine in production for several months all of a sudden won't serve the resources.
to make the working DLL I get a new DLL that fails, but only in the IIS7/64 bit environment.
I ended up building a virtual machine with the same verion of Windows 2008 to try to track down some other bugs. I will try using it to compile the old code to see if I can make a DLL that will serve the resources in that environment. That should be able
to give some more information on whether the windows updates really did hose my DEV environment somehow.