Aug 21, 2011 08:06 AM|hi_i_am_amit|LINK
Thanks for the reply. I had a look at each of the links which you shared and below are some conclusions
1. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlreportingservices/thread/c1b0f0a1-f2eb-4ef8-96f4-89f9bf5a54d2 - This link details about
a double hop issue which doesn't sound to be the case with me since the web service request fails even if it's executed on the sql server machine itself. Also the other fact is that browser request works.
2. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281309(v=sql.100).aspx - This link explains setting up Basic Authentication instead of using NTLM which looks like a security risk
and also would not help in understanding the root cause too right?
3. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3809051/reporting-services-2008-http-status-401-unauthorized-issue - This link details about the "loopback
check" issue which doesn't seem to be the case with me since the web service request doesn't succeed on any machine. Loopback check issue mentions about the web service request failing
ONLY on the same machine as the ssrs server.
4. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/bfae5c0c-40b2-4321-a59d-5ea3d2933f54 - This link also
details on enabling BASIC authentication instead of NTLM.
5. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlreportingservices/thread/9b2b96ac-b230-4a2e-a82d-596113688dad - This link didn't have
On futher troubleshooting the issue I enabled the netlogon service logs and found the below log statement
[CRITICAL] NlPrintRpcDebug: Couldn't get EEInfo for I_NetLogonSamLogonEx: 1761 (may be legitimate for 0xc000006a)
This indicates that an incorrect username or password is passed to the domain controller for authentication. I noticed a difference between the IP addresses of the sql server machine and the domain controller. The sql server machine has an IP address format
as 151.149.x.x and the domain controller has an ip address format -
148.162.x.x. Do you think this could cause an issue? If so, how should I troubleshoot the issue further.
Your suggestions on this topic are truely appreciated. Thank you