Nov 29, 2010 05:01 AM|justKiran|LINK
I do have two applications
1. Desktop based application - Developed in VB
2. Web based application - Developed in Asp.Net 2.0 and C#
The above two uses same database in SQL.
I do have proper class library/business logic in desktop based application in VB. Now I need to use the same library in ASP.net web based application so that I can change at one place and both the versions will work fine with replacement of one dll.
What is the best to make classes in VB, VB.NET OR C# so that I can use at both end easily.
1. If I write Activex dll in vb, the internet articles tells about low performance because of Interop services.
2. If I write classes in C#, Is it possible to use C# dll in vb? if yes, how about the performance?
3. if I write calsses in vb.net, is it possible to use vb.net dll in vb?
In all, I should be able to change at one common place and effect should work at both the places after replacing a dll. What would be the best common paltform to develop to tackle this issue.
Any suggestions would be appriciated...