Sep 09, 2007 01:14 PM|TATWORTH|LINK
First check what the connection string should be like:
1) Create an empty text file in windows explorer and rename it to X.UDL
2) Double click on it and the datalink provider dialog will appear.
3) Select the provider tab. Find the provider for your data access method and click next.
4) Select your source
5) Test the connection and save it.
6) Compare the contents of X.UDL with your connections string.
Once you know the connection string is correct try connecting using SQL Server Management Studio (or the Express equivalent) using that account. Check that the expected stored procedures appear and then try running them. I suspect that the SQL account being
used has incorrect permissions.