Dec 27, 2005 02:16 AM|CT_Klein|LINK
I ended up restoring my backup... no scripts were applied against the database (thankfully!).
I did get 1 error in my web.config file initially... it told me that it could not connect to my database. I looked at the web.config file and everything was in there properly for all the keys I needed to copy and the database strings. I connected to the
site again and got the above msgs.
The only thing I can think of, and I saw this in someones tutorial video was I did not think to disable default.aspx to keep someone from hitting the site. I suppose that in the 20minutes during the ftp transfer someone might of possibly connected and started
the install and it puked because not all the files were there.
The kicker is that on my local machine copy where I have the site running, the installation process went flawlessly, followed what I thought was the same procedure in deployment and bleh.
I will try it again tomorrow... 4 hours of swearing at my computer and scaring my cats was enough for one day.
thanks for the replys.