Last post Oct 08, 2019 09:10 AM by Yongqing Yu
Oct 01, 2019 09:07 PM|wavemaster|LINK
My projects are all dotnet 4.5, how can I upgrade to 4.7.X or 4.8?
I found this https://forums.asp.net/t/2105027.aspx but my menu does not look like that.
4.7.X or 4.8?
How can I do this?
Oct 02, 2019 03:37 AM|ryanbesko|LINK
Try clicking the Project menu at the top of Visual Studio, then <YourProjectName> Properties... You will then see the image in step 2 of your link.
EDIT: If you mean not seeing the versions of .Net you want, select Install other frameworks... On that page install the Developer Pack or SDK version of the version of .Net you want.
If you don't even see the Install other frameworks option, this is the URL it takes you to:
Oct 02, 2019 08:26 AM|Yongqing Yu|LINK
According to your description, if you want to update your version of the .NET Framework of your project, you can choose a method besides the solution in the link you gave:
1. First, right-click the name of the project you need to update, and click
Unload Project option.
2. Then right-click the project name and click 'Edit WebApplication_August_2.csproj' option.
3. In the csproj file, find TargetFrameworkVersion, and you will see your current version number,
manually modify it to the version number you need to update and save the file.
4. Close the csproj file. Right-click the project name and click
5. To verify the change, in Solution Explorer, right-click to open the shortcut menu for your project (not for your solution) and then choose Properties to open your project Property
Pages dialog box. In the left pane of the dialog box, expand Configuration Properties and then select General. Verify
that .NET Target Framework Version shows the new Framework version.
For more details, you could refer to this link :
How to: Modify the Target Framework and Platform Toolset
Change the target framework
Oct 02, 2019 02:15 PM|wavemaster|LINK
I was able to unload the project, but the only thing I was able to edit was localhost. Clicking that resulted in nothing opening.
I don't have a csproj file, think mine is called web.config
In web.config I have this:
<compilation targetFramework="4.5" debug="true">
Oct 07, 2019 09:43 AM|Yongqing Yu|LINK
According to your description, what is your project related to??
Can you provide screenshots of related projects and right-click screenshots of project options for our reference?
Oct 07, 2019 10:56 AM|wavemaster|LINK
Here is a GIF screen recording:
Oct 08, 2019 09:10 AM|Yongqing Yu|LINK
According to your gif, I find that you are using the
website project, which is different from the normal web application project in updating the .net framework version.
To update .net framework version in website project, you can refer to the following steps:
1.Right-click the current project and click the Property Pages option.
2. In the pop-up box, click the Build option on the left, select the version number you need to change in the
Target Framework on the right, and finally click the Apply option in the lower right corner.