Last post Aug 13, 2019 06:55 AM by DavB.cs
Jun 22, 2019 10:16 PM|jatuphum|LINK
I have setup Visual Studio .NET 2003 together Service Pack 1 on Windows 8.1. Moreover I have install .Net framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 too.
After that I have tried to create new ASP.NET Project by using Visual Studio .NET 2003, but it cannot.
The error occured 'http/1.1 500 http/1.1 500 internal server error'.
Then I try to follow instruction "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/install/installing-iis-7/how-to-install-aspnet-11-with-iis-on-vista-and-windows-2008".
The error change to 'http/1.1 500 http/1.1 503 Service Unavailable'.
I will check error in Windows Events Viewer - System section. it is below.
Application pool 'AppPool1.1' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.
And Events Viewer - Application section, it is below.
The worker process failed to pre-load .Net Runtime version v1.1.
The worker process failed to initialize correctly and therefore could not be started. The data is the error.
So, how to properly setup Visual Studio .NET 2003 and ASP.NET Framework 1.1 on "IIS 8.5 - Windows 8.1"?
Thank you very much.
Jun 24, 2019 07:56 AM|Brando ZWZ|LINK
According to this
article, Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 is not supported on any version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher Operating Systems.
Besides, it isn't possible to manually install the .NET Framework 1.1 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows 10. It is no longer supported. If you try to install the package, the following error message is displayed:
"Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one."
I suggest you could consider migrating from 1.1 to 3.5 or above.
More details, you could refer to below article:
Aug 13, 2019 06:55 AM|DavB.cs|LINK
I ran into this exact error today while installing a .NET 1.1 app on Windows Server 2012.
I believe I have got past it by following the advice from the Stack Overflow link below.
Basically, I needed to add the web.config handlers mentioned in the article. Then my .Net 1.1 application appeared to load correctly.
I had followed the article referenced in your question, but this one has an additional step.