Last post Nov 18, 2016 01:25 AM by Lannie
Nov 17, 2016 03:29 PM|Harambe|LINK
I've just started working at a software company and have been asked to look at an error a customer has been getting on a program.
I've never worked with MySQL before so I'm not really familiar with how it all works... I'm getting the following error when opening the MySQL connection.
Failed to connect to MySql Database on web site. The error was: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException(0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
This is the line that throws the error;
cnMySql.Open() ' cnMySql is a connection
The connection string is; SERVER=server1.xxxxxxxxxx.com;PORT=3306;DATABASE=gvzglass_wp4;UID=*******;PWD=*****;Convert Zero Datetime=True
What is causing the issue, and how do I resolve it?
Nov 18, 2016 01:25 AM|Lannie|LINK
Many issues to investigate.
1. firewall, hardware and/or software, blocking ports
2. typographic error or inaccurate information in the connection string
3. permissions issue with account on the database server
4. problems with MySQL client installation and configuration
5. application server policies and security software issues.