Last post Jun 23, 2009 07:08 PM by venu_babu80
Jun 19, 2009 10:12 AM|hongwangusa|LINK
Hi, I am new to asp.net. we have several servers running windows 2003 and II6. I installed dotnet framework 3.5 sp1.
1. my first questions is about version of ASP.net does it corrolate to the dotnet frame work version or we only have asp.net 1 and asp.net 2. I am quite confused here. because after I install the dotnet frame work 3.5. I only see asp.net 1 and 2.0..5xxxx
on my website properties.
2. second question is regarding a drop down menu aspx file my developer wrote. that file runs perfectly in my windows 2008 box with IIs7. the drop down menu shows up when you click the top menu. but when I put it on a w2003 machine, I got an application
error. I went ahead and installed dot.net framework 3.5 on two windows 2003 machines and rebooted them. after that, the aspx file works file now on one of them. But it does not work on the other machine. The drop down shows up as seperate button called
expand menu A besides menu A. I checked the setting on both servers and IIS. now they all have the latest dot.net framework installed. the website is using the same version of asp.net (2.0). now I am stomped.
3. how do I find out what version of asp.net and dotnet frame work my w2008 IIS7 is using?
IIS and ASP.NET 2.0 setup
.NET 3.5 Installation Problems
asp .net version. drop down menu not working
Jun 19, 2009 10:25 AM|Curt_C|LINK
1) 2.0,3.0 and 3.5 all use the core 2.0 CLR
2) huh? whats the error?
Jun 19, 2009 01:03 PM|hongwangusa|LINK
the error is the the drop down menu only works for the website on one server, but not on the other server. even though I have upgraded both to the newest dotnet framework.
Jun 19, 2009 01:39 PM|Curt_C|LINK
huh? Is there an ERROR MESSAGE or are you just saying there is a problem?
Jun 22, 2009 12:21 PM|hongwangusa|LINK
Hi, I have removed dotnet frame work and reinstalled version 3.0 and 3.5. now none of my asp pages are working anymore. when I browser an asp page or asp site. it gives me a HTTP 404 error as if the file is not there. but I know it is. I check my IIS setting
and asp.net is enabled.
how can I troubleshoot this?
Jun 23, 2009 07:08 PM|venu_babu80|LINK
Could you check IIS Default Website's Directory Security Setttings of both servers.
Here we need to troubleshoot from Developer point.
1) How dropdown is getting Data? (either Stored Procedure or Static Data)
2) If IIS account does not have sufficient rights you can see errors in event viewer log file. See event logs for errors.
See the error log and you may find some solution by using error info.