Last post May 11, 2007 11:16 AM by MrDaBomb
May 07, 2007 05:12 PM|julian@01|LINK
Just finished installing HMC 4.0 and Exchange 2007, and have deployed the sample provisioning UI. Am now trying to login to the UI for the first, time, but no matter what I use for username/password (be it a valid user or just random text), it returns 'the
parameter is incorrect'.
Anyone come across this? Anyone find a solution?
May 07, 2007 06:26 PM|Benderover|LINK
Have you checked the following two things:
- Make sure that the administrator account in ADUC has the upn suffix listed in the account tab.
- Check the web.config file to make sure that all the parameters have been properly set.
May 07, 2007 11:34 PM|julian@01|LINK
Thanks for the suggestions.
The admin accounts does indeed have the correct UPN suffix, and I've been through the web.config file and I can't see anything in there that isn't as it should be.
Any other ideas?
May 08, 2007 02:46 AM|Benderover|LINK
Try rebooting all the servers? I would also suggest walking through the steps (run.1 - run.8) that you used for setting up and configuring the UI.
Let me know:-)
May 08, 2007 06:09 PM|julian@01|LINK
Have been thru RUN.1-8 again.. no changes. Servers bounce, no change.
Have even used the TraceView tool to see what's happening when I try a login - nothing seems out of the ordinary.
Starting to pull my hair out - this is soo frustrating. The error is so unhelpful. Aghhhh.
The issue must lie in the web.config somehow, since the authentication isn't even getting tested. Just buggered if I know what it could be.
May 09, 2007 03:23 AM|mreijn|LINK
The parameter is incorrect error usually occur when there is no valid Application Pool defined.
Please check the Application Pool settings. You might want to create a new one.
(Does the webserver only run the Sample UI?)
May 10, 2007 06:28 PM|julian@01|LINK
Thanks to everyone that offered assistance with this. Have solved the problem thanks to a little help from some of the tech folks at Microsoft.
Turns out the issue was that the MPSWS (Provisiong Webservice) virtual directory was still set to Anonymous auth, where it should have been Basic Auth. Changed that and we're in business!
Thing is though, I went back through the docs and I can't find where it said I needed to change this setting, so not too sure how I was supposed to know.
Oh well.. resolved now. Yippee!
May 11, 2007 11:16 AM|MrDaBomb|LINK
Thanks a lot for posting your solution - I ran into the exact same problem and removing anonymous auth fixed it too.