Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Feb 27, 2010 02:32 PM by efess
Jan 11, 2007 02:49 PM|LINK
Jan 11, 2007 02:56 PM|LINK
As I mentioned in my previous post on this thread, I have been in contact with MS Support and they have been proactive about trying to help. However, as would be typical, I cannot get the exception to occur now that I opened a support case with them. It's
frustrating because you can't force the problem to happen - it just has a mind of it's own. So while it's not ideal that you have to call support and start a case (which means it's on your dime until they determine it is a MS bug not your code), they are
willing to help and it's a matter of time before we can get the debug results they need from me.
To summarize, MS is helping me, but the intermittency of the error is a major roadblock.
Jan 19, 2007 08:08 PM|LINK
So I came to this forum looking for a solution to my IBM.Data.DB2 dll missing even though its there and I found everyone griping about a problem I seem to have already found the solution to. If you get that nasty ass cant find App_Web1231241 whatever error
on your production servers add the following key to the web.config file ::
<compilation debug="true" batch="false"/>
I think what is happening is that the ASP.NET worker process tries to build everything as one DLL and it messes up. This happens when you do non-standard builds. By that I mean modifying backend HTML / server side code w.o doing a full deployment. So you
find some little issue in an .aspx file modify that and you think you're good to go. Try that and see if it works. We reported this issue to Microsuck about 3 months ago through our corp support account and pointed them in the right direction. Guess they
need to set the crayons down and do some bug fixing.
Let me know if that worked or if I just went on my rant for no reason email@example.com
Jan 23, 2007 08:10 PM|LINK
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me.
Feb 06, 2007 03:43 PM|LINK
I just wanted to post that while I never had this in production, we used to have this constantly on our development server. It seemed to go away when we upgrade the RAM from 2GB to 4GB. Now it is back, after we recently added a continually running virtual
machine to this server. I have also noticed VS2005 behaves much better (not just faster - less buggy too) on my machine since I went from 512MB to 1GB.
Has anyone else had similar experiences? Is anyone using a ton of RAM (> 4GB for a small site on a dedicated machine) that is still having this problem?
Feb 08, 2007 05:18 PM|LINK
I had this problem a long while ago and I've seen the bug both in .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0. I figured out that it was most definitely related to user controls having other controls (user or compiled dll's, both break it) inside of them. Here's a snippet of
what we found to be the work-around (for .NET 2.0, use the appropriate equivalent directory, for various other security configurations, improvise on top of this):
The work-around is that you give the user that the .NET application is impersonating (impersonate=true, with a domain account set as the anonymous user to run as, at least in this case) read/write/modify permissions to the:
c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\
directory (and make damned sure that account is not compromised otherwise you risk code injection into ASP.NET applications) and the problem magically goes away.
Feb 15, 2007 05:58 PM|LINK
Feb 15, 2007 10:10 PM|LINK
I had this problem four times since December. It happened today again and nothing was updated or done to the server.
This is what fixed it before:
First: reseting IIS
Second: Repaired the framework
Third: Deleted the files from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files directory
Fouth: None of the above seemed to fix it.....re-registered the aspnet account with the framework, installed the framework as well, and still nothing...I have never had this problem before with any .net code. Don't know if it has anything to do with what
else runs on the server, since I recently changed jobs and working with different servers and setup. Any ideas????
Feb 16, 2007 04:09 PM|LINK
Just had the same problem for the first time.
The server has 2 GB of RAM
It happent just after I updated a page (with usercontrols, but not usercontrols using other userControls) wigthout building the whole site afterwards.
It was fixed by just stopping and the starting the site (not IIS, just the site)
Feb 16, 2007 06:49 PM|LINK
We had this problem a couple of times, too. What's interesting is our site uses a different set of user controls based on the item a customer is purchasing. When the app went down, only one product was causing the error. After reading this thread, I don't
think it's coincidental that the product having the issue was using a nested user control, while the product not having the problem had a flat single user control structure.
In our case, copying the user control from Test to Prod fixed the problem the first couple of times. Since then, we've replaced the nested user control with a flat structure. We haven't seen the issue for about a week. Not sure if it's been fixed, or
just hasn't errored yet...