Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Feb 11, 2010 10:01 PM by dannil
Oct 22, 2008 10:31 PM|LINK
Jan 26, 2009 04:26 PM|LINK
This one had me pulling my hair out. I understood the ambiguous class error, but I didn't understand its cause. A while back I had migrated from 1.1 to 2.0. There are some 3rd party controls throughout the site and there were SO many conversion errors,
I scrapped the migration and re-created the site from scratch. Well, I had migrated and fixed the files in the root directory before changing tactics. So, ALL of my pages in the home directory had ambiguous classes from the migration (creating new files
and deleting the old). I just changed all the class names in my files in the home directory and, presto, no more compile errors.
Thanks guys, this one is a keeper.[cool]
Oct 09, 2009 07:04 PM|LINK
Thank u so much..it really helped me in crunch time....
Feb 11, 2010 10:01 PM|LINK
I had the same problem. Turned out some of my code behind files had the same class name. I had copied an existing page and had forgotten to give it a new class name.