Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post May 08, 2007 07:03 PM by peacetree
Dec 22, 2005 04:05 PM|LINK
I can only view source. I cannot view the design mode. I am running Windows 2000. Any ideas?
Dec 22, 2005 04:21 PM|LINK
Dec 22, 2005 04:57 PM|LINK
Dec 23, 2005 12:10 AM|LINK
When you attempt to swith to DV and yet still see the code, it means the component that is rerponsible for the design surface failed to instantiate. Are you using VS or VWD? I have seen this happening when someone only installed C++ and wanted to edit HTML
in Design view. Did you try to reinstall VS? Maybe vswebdesign.dll and vswebdesigned.dll somehow got corrupted.
Dec 23, 2005 02:31 PM|LINK
Dec 26, 2005 10:53 PM|LINK
Let's try the following.
1. Look in Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common\Packages.
2. Verify that vswebdesign.dll, vswebdesigned.dll and tridsn.dll are there.
3. Look into 1033 subfolder (if we are talking English version).
4. Verify vswebdesignui.dll and tridsnui.dll are present.
5. Right click on every of the 5 files above, choose properties and see if version listed is the same. Write down versions, time stamps and file sizes.
6. Try opening command window, navigating to the folder in step 1 and running regsvr32 on tridsn.dll and vswebdesign.dll
Let me know what happens.
Dec 29, 2005 09:52 PM|LINK
I verified the versions they are all the same.
When i went to do regsvr32 for files in step 2 the first 2 files were a success but for the third one it said "loadLibrary("file name") - module not found
for the 2 files under 1033 both failed to register saying do not have entry point or might have corrupt version try using pView to remove the files.
- what do i do :)
Dec 31, 2005 04:24 AM|LINK
Dec 31, 2005 04:35 AM|LINK
Jan 04, 2006 12:19 AM|LINK
I've got the same problem, but it's not specific to default.aspx of course. Any page switched to Design View shows as blank. And attempting to drop a control on it gives a circle w/line through.
I can drop a control in Source View, but when switched to Design View it isn't visible.
I've completely removed it, and all the 2005 products and the 2.0 framework, cleaned the registry automatically and by hand. After reinstalling I have the same problem.
Running windows XP.