Home/ASP.NET Forums/General ASP.NET/Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer Express/Error Unable to connect to Visual Stutio's localhost web server

Error Unable to connect to Visual Stutio's localhost web server RSS

52 replies

Last post Dec 12, 2008 10:10 AM by vijvipin

• danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Re: Error Unable to connect to Visual Stutio's localhost web server

Oct 04, 2005 07:49 PM|danmor|LINK

First you need to make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking webdev.webserver.  Then you need to make sure webdev.webserver is launching correctly.  Note that Windows Firewall is a Windows Service running on your local machine and has nothing to do with your corporate firewall. 

Go to Control Panel, and if you have SP2 you will have Windows Firewall icon.  Double-click it.  If you see an alert asking you if you want to start the Firewall Service, answer NO.  This means Windows Firewall is not running on your computer, so there is no need to start it.   If the Windows Firewall Service is running you will see a dialog with an Exceptions tab.  Make sure the option is checked to "receive notifications when Firewall is running".

If webdev.webserver.exe exists, then when you press Ctrl+F5 you should see a new icon in the system tray that indicates the ASP.NET Development server has created a new process.  Does a new icon appear?  When you hover over it does it say "ASP.NET Development server - Port xxxx"? 

If you don't see the icon in the tray then try to launch webdev.webserver manually.  Using a Windows command shell, navigate to the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.xxxxx directory and launch it with parameters that match the location of your web files, something such as
       webdev.webserver.exe /port:8090 /path:"c:\websites\myweb1" /
    where 8090 is an unused port number on your machine, c:\websites\myweb1 is the path to the local files, and the final / (slash) is the default virtual root.  If no errors occur you should be able to navigate to http://localhost:8090 to view your web site.  One hint: make sure you have a page in your web site named default.aspx.

-Dan
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Oct 04, 2005 07:50 PM|danmor|LINK

And one more thing.  You could try turning off 'automatically detect settings' in your IE Connections.  Even with that checked the above instructions should still work, but it's another thing to try.
    -Dan
  • Truc-Mi

Truc-Mi

335 Points

167 Posts

Oct 04, 2005 08:26 PM|Truc-Mi|LINK

Still no luck trying all your suggestions any other ideas? Please see my settings in Blue below

First you need to make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking webdev.webserver.  Then you need to make sure webdev.webserver is launching correctly.  Note that Windows Firewall is a Windows Service running on your local machine and has nothing to do with your corporate firewall. 
    Go to Control Panel, and if you have SP2 you will have Windows Firewall icon.  Double-click it.  If you see an alert asking you if you want to start the Firewall Service, answer NO.  This means Windows Firewall is not running on your computer, so there is no need to start it.   If the Windows Firewall Service is running you will see a dialog with an Exceptions tab.  Make sure the option is checked to "receive notifications when Firewall is running".
    My Windows Firewall if Off

If webdev.webserver.exe exists, then when you press Ctrl+F5 you should see a new icon in the system tray that indicates the ASP.NET Development server has created a new process.  Does a new icon appear?  When you hover over it does it say "ASP.NET Development server - Port xxxx"? 
    When launching my site using Ctrl+F5 the icon does appear "ASP.NET Development Server http://localhost:1574/Sites/MySite1

If you don't see the icon in the tray then try to launch webdev.webserver manually.  Using a Windows command shell, navigate to the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.xxxxx directory and launch it with parameters that match the location of your web files, something such as
       webdev.webserver.exe /port:8090 /path:"c:\websites\myweb1" /
    where 8090 is an unused port number on your machine, c:\websites\myweb1 is the path to the local files, and the final / (slash) is the default virtual root.  If no errors occur you should be able to navigate to http://localhost:8090 to view your web site.  One hint: make sure you have a page in your web site named default.aspx.
    I also try this option by navigate to the above directory with the command line provided, and yes the ASP.NET Developer Server http://... popup, and yes I do have the default.aspx page in the site, FYI, I create the site by select File, New Site, ASP.NET Web Site, with nothing in it.  The Default.aspx is there created by VWD.

And one more thing. You could try turning off 'automatically detect settings' in your IE Connections. Even with that checked the above instructions should still work, but it's another thing to try.
    The Automatically detect settings is Unchecked

And ofcourse this famous error screen pop up - any other steps I can try?
    The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the

• danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Oct 04, 2005 09:37 PM|danmor|LINK

webdev.webserver.exe is launching (icon appears in system tray) which is good.  Double-click on the icon and report everything in the dialog (dialog title, physical path, virtual path, port, root URL) and what happens when you click on 'Root URL' hyperlink.

Another thing to do is go to a command prompt and type "netstat -a" which will give you a list of all active connections on the machine.  Let me know the contents of every line in the output that contains the port number you see in the ASP.NET Development Server dialog.

-Dan
  • Truc-Mi

Truc-Mi

335 Points

167 Posts

Oct 05, 2005 12:35 PM|Truc-Mi|LINK

Here is what I got when click o the icon:
    Dialog title: ASP.NET Development Server - Port 1158
    Run ASP.NET applications locally
    Physical Path: C:\Sites\WebSite1\
    Virtual Path: /WebSite1
    Port: 1158
    Root URL: http://localhost:1158/WebSite1

If I click on the URL link I got that error page:
    The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the

When I type in the command netstat -a here is what I have

Active Connections

Proto     Local Address                     Foreign Address                                   State

TCP      USLCNU33608T2: 1158   USLCNU33608T2.int.dir.willis.com:0   LISTENING

• danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Oct 05, 2005 04:44 PM|danmor|LINK

Everything looks as expected so far as the correct process being launched, a virtual root being created, and a port opened for LISTENING as verified by netstat.  What's puzzling is that you can view your own machine port 80, but not any other port you create.  I'll have to ask my colleagues if they have ever seen this because I haven't.  One thing you could try is using IIS Manager to stop the IIS server, then launch a new file system web on port 80.  You can do this by selecting the root of the web in Solution Explorer, and in the Properties window set 'Use dynamic port' to False and set the port at 80.  See if the web site displays. 

Another thing to verify is the IP address for Localhost in your hosts file (it has no file extension, just open in Notepad but don't save any changes).  Find it in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.  The IP address should be 127.0.0.1 but maybe it has been redirected to another IP.  I doubt it since machinename:80 works for your Local IIS, but it's still something to check.
    -Dan
  • Truc-Mi

Truc-Mi

335 Points

167 Posts

Oct 05, 2005 07:33 PM|Truc-Mi|LINK

I tried your suggestion to run the site on port 80 and got this error message instead, I noticed that the Webdev Webserver no longer displayed in the system tray in the lower right hand conner.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Sites/WebSite1/Default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50215.44

===================================

Your second suggestion:

The hosts file in my C:WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\etc contains these codes,  note: it shows 127.0.0.1 localhost instead of 128.0.0.1 as you mentioned.

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

• danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Oct 05, 2005 08:28 PM|danmor|LINK

That was a typo on my part.  Should be 127.0.0.1 as you have it.  I'm still searching for other possible causes for the error.  Do you have any 3rd party browsers installed such as FireFox, Opera, or Netscape?  Other than changing the settings in IE Internet Options LAN settings I'm not sure what else it could be.  I'm still investigating.
    -Dan
  • Truc-Mi

Truc-Mi

335 Points

167 Posts

Oct 05, 2005 08:49 PM|Truc-Mi|LINK

Thanks for your effort to help me troubleshoot my problem, to answer your last question, No, IE is the only browser allowed at my company it is IE version 6.0.2900.2180; Windows XP Pro with SP2, IIS Version 5.1, I have both Framework 1.1 (V1.1.4322.0) and Framework 2 (V2.0.50215.0) Beta installed. 

My Notebook PC is brand new 1 month old so there is not much other stuff on it beside, Windows, Office and the above programs mentioned.

Any help is much appreciated to get me going with VWD.
  • danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Oct 11, 2005 12:25 AM|danmor|LINK

I asked the developers who own the webdev.webserver code about this issue.  Their first thought was the same as mine: make sure you can launch webdev.webserver.exe from the command line and verify a port is open for listening.  If http://localhost:80 works for IIS then let's go back to trying it with webdev.webserver.

Launch IIS Manager and Stop the Default Web Site on your machine.  From a command line launch your web site on port 80, from a command prompt like this:
       webdev.webserver.exe /port:80 /path:"c:\websites\myweb1" /
    And launch a browser and try to view http://localhost:80

There is a tool you can use to debug the request and the response.  It's called TinyGet and it's installed with the IIS6 resource kit.  It will run on XP Pro with IIS 5.1.  You can install the IIS6 Resource kit from here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840671

And when you run TinyGet (assuming your web is on port 80 for the -r parameter) from the command line use
    TinyGet -r:80 -srv:localhost -uri:/ -t 
    -Dan
  • sbrownii

sbrownii

5 Points

1 Post

Oct 19, 2005 07:15 AM|sbrownii|LINK

from what I have seen, VWD server doesn't like letting anyone connect except for IE... don't really care why... but since it seems nothing else worked... try this

go to the "website" menu in VWD and choose "start options"

and make sure "NTLM Authentication" is unchecked

sorry if it isn't any help or if it is a silly suggestion....

• danmor

danmor

Contributor

4590 Points

910 Posts

Oct 19, 2005 04:28 PM|danmor|LINK

In my testing I have debugged web sites successfully with VWD server and IE, Netscape, and FireFox. 

The "NTLM Authentication" option was checked in the Beta 2 by default.  Usually you will see a prompt for credentials instead of a "Page Could Not Be Displayed" error.  Unchecking it is still a good suggestion.
    -Dan
  • Raymien

Raymien

35 Points

7 Posts

Oct 20, 2005 04:02 PM|Raymien|LINK

After having gone through the same problems as Truc-Mi, I finally caught this last message and unchecked the NTLM Authentication, it worked like a charm.  Maybe we should put this last message at the top, rather than the bottom?

Thanks,

Ray
  • Tabibito

Tabibito

5 Points

1 Post

Oct 23, 2005 12:18 AM|Tabibito|LINK

Unchecking that boox has worked for me.

My thanks to everyone associated with this thread!
  • SteveH

SteveH

15 Points

3 Posts

Oct 26, 2005 07:40 AM|SteveH|LINK

The "NTLM Authentication"  check did it!  So glad I found this thread before I went the route of uninstalling and re-installing.

Steve
  • masalaji

masalaji

5 Points

1 Post

Jan 28, 2006 01:25 AM|masalaji|LINK

I was having the same issue, but it turned out that I had ZoneAlarm firewall and it was blocking it. After shutting down ZA, it worked fine. I thought it might be helpful to post it.

• BLiTZWiNG

BLiTZWiNG

47 Points

15 Posts

Feb 07, 2006 12:36 AM|BLiTZWiNG|LINK

I was having a similar problem, my webserver was working and I could view it from the "Open in Web Browser" option of the task bar, but (ctrl +) F5 didn't work.

I had ZoneAlarm off but still installed. I uninstalled it and now VWD works, and oddly enough, FireFox now works too.

On one of our other machines here we have F-Secure Anti-Virus. That also caused the same problems that ZoneAlarm did. Turning the services off worked for F-Secure.

• satbir

satbir

5 Points

1 Post

Sep 18, 2006 09:57 AM|satbir|LINK

I also faced the same problem and later after hitting here and there i relized that i have MacAfee Internet Security installed on my pc and during installation it (MacAfee) poped a message indicating that Application WebDev.WebServer.exe wants access to internet and by mistake i rejected it and i turned to this blog n and by reading the comments from various users  the needle of my suspicion pointed towards that rejection so when i allowed acces through MacAfee it all worked fine .

Thanks to all of yours Valuable Support  

• me_smarty84

me_smarty84

2 Points

1 Post

Feb 22, 2007 08:18 AM|me_smarty84|LINK

Hi

May be ur webdev.server.exe file is curropted for this copy file from microsoft site or from friends system and paste it to location"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727".This may fix ur problem

Bye 

• Andrewphq

Andrewphq

Contributor

7338 Points

1472 Posts

Feb 23, 2007 11:28 PM|Andrewphq|LINK

I came across this problem recently.

Everything was working correctly until one day it all stopped. After pulling my hair out for a while I found that my WebDev.WebServer.EXE was 0 bytes in size. Not good.

Time to re-install VS.NET 2005 or use IIS instead of the dev webserver...

Moonlighting here and there :)
  • Andrewphq

Andrewphq

Contributor

7338 Points

1472 Posts

Feb 24, 2007 09:18 PM|Andrewphq|LINK

Andrewphq

Everything was working correctly until one day it all stopped. After pulling my hair out for a while I found that my WebDev.WebServer.EXE was 0 bytes in size. Not good.

Quick update, had to revert back to a backup of the virtual machine to get back to a working state, so be prepared for a reinstall of XP and VS.NET if you find your WebDev.WebServer.EXE is corrupt/missing/0KB.

Just if anyone cares, it should be around 118KB in size...

• Andrewphq

Andrewphq

Contributor

7338 Points

1472 Posts

Feb 24, 2007 09:19 PM|Andrewphq|LINK

Andrewphq

Quick update, had to revert back to a backup of the virtual machine to get back to a working state, so be prepared for a reinstall of XP and VS.NET if you find your WebDev.WebServer.EXE is corrupt/missing/0KB.

• Andrewphq

Andrewphq

Contributor

7338 Points

1472 Posts

Andrewphq

• Andrewphq

Andrewphq

Contributor

7338 Points

1472 Posts

Andrewphq

• Wetpalm

Wetpalm

4 Points

2 Posts

Jun 27, 2007 02:46 PM|Wetpalm|LINK

I encountered the problem also and while trying to solve the problem i stopped IIS admin services (though 3 other services went down with it) then i tried to run my application again and everything was fine.

Another thing that i did on another system with the same problem is to build the website before running it (manually by right clicking the site in the solution explorer and selecting "build web site") then press F5 to run the application.

i hope these steps help.

ASP.NET

• Wetpalm

Wetpalm

4 Points

2 Posts

Jun 27, 2007 02:49 PM|Wetpalm|LINK

I encountered the problem also and while trying to solve the problem i stopped IIS admin services (though 3 other services went down with it) then i tried to run my application again and everything was fine.

Another thing that i did on another system with the same problem is to build the website before running it (manually by right clicking the site in the solution explorer and selecting "build web site") then press F5 to run the application.

i hope these steps help.

ASP.NET

• airyce

airyce

17 Points

15 Posts

Jul 18, 2007 03:25 AM|airyce|LINK

I've also encountered that same problem too...

I've checked everything all of the things mentioned by Dan

but i think... everything is well with the WebDev.WebServer.exe.... i found it under this folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

i did also the manual way of configuring its port and virtual root using command.exe ... but after all instructions...

and try to ctrl + F5 or F5 i still got this message from a message box telling unable to connect....blah blah...

what i only did was to restart my PC... then

i go to control panel....

administrative tools > services > I start again the ASP.NET State Service & restart the IIS Admin Service

after configuring those things...

I checked the

MS SQL Server 2005 > Service Manager >

then set to "Start" all Services available from SQL Server

then viola ! after refreshing the services  .. i try to run again the .net using ctrl + F5 and now i go back again to work

Thank You also for Dan for giving me such those ideas at least i know some on how to troubleshoot some sort of problems like these ^_^V

airyce
    AiryceSoft

You can learn from your mistakes , not from being perfect...
  • vdl

vdl

10 Points

5 Posts

Jul 19, 2007 12:52 AM|vdl|LINK

seems as though i wasn't the only one who encountered the same problem. but thanks for your steps, hopefully it'll work now. -_-

• niuboy

niuboy

12 Points

37 Posts

Jul 24, 2007 02:46 AM|niuboy|LINK

if i'm trying to launch the webdev.webserver.exe in the command shell how will I go about this

• airyce

airyce

17 Points

15 Posts

Jul 25, 2007 04:47 AM|airyce|LINK

you will only need to open that  WebDev.WebServer.EXE whenever you need to reconfigure manually your virtual root and port (correct me if i'm wrong )

by the way ... Dan had also mentioned that before on how will you going to do if you run that WWE... kindly read the previous forums and you'll see his instructions...

airyce

AiryceSoft

• sonal.watane

sonal.watane

6 Points

3 Posts

Aug 07, 2007 09:01 AM|sonal.watane|LINK

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem...

my Os is windows Xp.with SP2.

wheneverr i m debugging my web application then it gives me error

"Error Unable to connect to Visual Stutio's localhost web server" 

i have stopped  Firewall service also but still it is giving the same error!!

can you help me !!

please........ 

• airyce

airyce

17 Points

15 Posts

Aug 08, 2007 07:58 AM|airyce|LINK

What are the first steps that you have done after encountering that error?

airyce

AiryceSoft

• sonal.watane

sonal.watane

6 Points

3 Posts

Aug 08, 2007 12:30 PM|sonal.watane|LINK

i have solved the problem now....

actually what happens when i restart my m/c it works first time n second time it gives error...

i tried a lot ..then i have observed the processes running on my m/c while application runs..

i have taken snap shot of that processes and then when application gives me error at that time

i have taken snapshot...

i found with some exe's i was in trouble...

i did that services disabled and now it's running properly..

• sonal.watane

sonal.watane

6 Points

3 Posts

Aug 23, 2007 11:34 AM|sonal.watane|LINK

I got same proplem , did you solve it ?

if you .. please help me

Thanks

• airyce

airyce

17 Points

15 Posts

Aug 25, 2007 01:12 AM|airyce|LINK

YES...    mines working well now 

AiryceSoft

airyce 

• n_ebin

n_ebin

2 Points

1 Post

Oct 28, 2007 12:12 PM|n_ebin|LINK

hai

• YardGnomeNinja

YardGnomeNin...

2 Points

1 Post

Dec 18, 2007 08:06 PM|YardGnomeNinja|LINK

Been fighting with this issue myself today and seem to have resolved it by doing the following:

In VS2005 -

1. Click Website on the menu

2. Click Start Options...

3. Click Start Options on the hierarchy to the left

4. Click "Use default web server" under the Server section EVEN if it is already selected. The Apply button should become enabled.

5. Click Apply

6. Click OK

7. Try running / debugging your site again.

May not work for you, but it worked for me thankfully. I'm guessing something just went screwy in the settings. Most likely for me it was Office 2007 trial install that caused the issue.

Hope this helps anyone else who stumbles upon this post. 

• vanishreeB

vanishreeB

4 Points

2 Posts

Jun 06, 2008 08:35 AM|vanishreeB|LINK

hi all,

am very new to this webdesig.. i have gone through all the post in this forum.. but my problem is different am able to run my project in my system after deploying in iis (my os xp sp 2 and iis 5.1) but whn am browsing from ip of my system i.e(http://192.168.9.152/website1/main.aspx) in lan cannection am geeting page cant be displayed error.. but if am using the samething in my system am able to view my page.
    can  anyone tell me wat can be the error... and am disabling my proxy seeting whn am running in my system.. and i have run this cmd (netsat -a) response i got as follows

can anyone tell me wat should i do.. i have read in some forum if am using xp not more than 10 ppl will be able to access my website.. but tat ok.. 
    and  also i  have attached this code in webconfig file..

<system.net>
    <defaultProxy>
    <proxy bypassonlocal="False" usesystemdefault="False" />
    </defaultProxy>
    </system.net>
    can any tell me wat i have missed out..

• vanishreeB

vanishreeB

4 Points

2 Posts

Jun 06, 2008 10:26 AM|vanishreeB|LINK

hi all,

it's true tat some time ur Brain became so dump tat ull not even know silly things...... tats wat happened with me i was pulling my hairs and struggling  hard .. but the solution was so simple .. i has enabled by firewall but  i had not checked webserver (HTTP)  ..

i thougth this will be helpfull to ppl like me ..who is very new to webdesg..

start-> Controlpanal-> windowsFirewall->  (click On) -->Advancetab-->seetings--> webserver (http) just click tat and enable port 80 it's done...

• ganesansankar

ganesansanka...

Participant

1187 Points

234 Posts

Jun 12, 2008 11:33 AM|ganesansankar|LINK

Hi I am also getting the same error. On before that i'm getting one more error also. That is..

ASP.Net Developement Server failed to start to listening on part 1201.

Error Message.

Only one  usage of each socket address(protocol/network address/port) is normally Permitted"

Please guide me to fix this problem.

Regards
    Ganesan S
    "Hard Work Never Fails"

Please "Mark as Answered" if it is helpful for you.
  • ganesansankar

ganesansanka...

Participant

1187 Points

234 Posts

Jun 12, 2008 01:17 PM|ganesansankar|LINK

Hi Folks,

I fixed this problem by adding the port entry by opeing the solution in Notepad and add it. 

VWDPort = "3000"
    VWDDynamicPort = "false" 

That is it. The problem got solved this way.

Regards
    Ganesan S
    "Hard Work Never Fails"

Please "Mark as Answered" if it is helpful for you.
  • mongoose_za

mongoose_za

61 Points

95 Posts

Jul 17, 2008 09:07 AM|mongoose_za|LINK

nvm

• mongoose_za

mongoose_za

61 Points

95 Posts

Jul 18, 2008 06:10 PM|mongoose_za|LINK

thank you so much.

I checked and found that my port 80 was somehow blocked or inactive and got the IIS6 resource kit to run TinyGet and clear that up. At the same time i cleared any programs that might have affected these VS 2k5 process and removed them completly from my Firewall list even if they were on and my anti virus firewall "allow". Then i disabled them both before i ran VS2k5 and Visual Studio ran without giving me this blasted error.

Special thanks to danmor!

• vijvipin

vijvipin

10 Points

6 Posts

Dec 12, 2008 10:10 AM|vijvipin|LINK

<div class=ForumPostContentText>

Hi,

I have found the workaround for this. Though it may not be a very professional one but really very easy and effective. What you need to do is just change the location of the Folder (in which all your files are there) to some thing else. Load in project in VS2005 and run the project again. and u have done it. Yes

This works becoz the build in server chooses a new port number to run the site.

</div>

asp.net 2.0

Vipin Vij
  • ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›