Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Jul 26, 2006 10:32 AM by brianatarrance
Jun 23, 2005 01:11 AM|LINK
Jun 23, 2005 03:33 AM|LINK
Jun 23, 2005 04:10 AM|LINK
One additional requirement for install of DNN on GoDaddy is to be sure you have FrontPage Extensions installed.
Jun 24, 2005 03:08 PM|LINK
I did change the release.config to web.config and I updated the db settings in it, but I am still getting the error I posted earlier.
I wonder if I am getting a permissions error.
Here is my delima:
1. Let say I have the domain anthonysdomain.com
2. As per an email from godaddy, I am not able to set permissions at my top level (I need to allow ASP.NET account to be able to Read, Write, Modify).
3. So, I create a seperate folder (as per this thread) call 'portal' and set the permissions (via Custom Windows Directory Permissions page).
4. Now I want to make www.anthonysdomain.com use the dnn files I uploaded to the portals directory. <---I do not know how to do this!
***** So since I don't know how to do step 4, I created a subdomain (Manage Your Sub-Domains page).
Call it myDNN.
From the DNS Manage page I changed the following in the CNAMES(Aliases)
Alias Points To
Alias Points To
Now from my testing: I put a default.htm page on the root and a different default.htm page in myDNN directory.
Here are the results:
URL: www.anthonysdomain.com ->> the default.htm in my root
URL myDNN.anthonysdomain.com ->> the default.htm in my myDNN folder.
So it seems that this did not work the way I thought it would work.
I can get dnn to work locally on my laptop, but I have more control (meaning I can set the permissions on the directory where dnn is installed)
I hope someone can help me.
1. Is there a custom error page I can use to get more details about the error I am getting?
2. How do I set up my domain so that when I type the url
www.anthonysdomain.com I get dnn to work.
I really don't want my users to have to type
Thank you and everyone for all the help already.
Jun 25, 2005 08:53 PM|LINK
Jun 27, 2005 05:39 AM|LINK
Jun 27, 2005 07:05 AM|LINK
Jun 28, 2005 04:27 AM|LINK
I've followed your directions exactly, but I am getting the error that DotNetNuke cannot connect to the specified database. I have my DB set up correctly with godaddy, and tripple checked all of the connection details. Any idea why this would happen?
Jun 28, 2005 03:57 PM|LINK
Jul 01, 2005 12:11 PM|LINK