Last post Jun 18, 2010 10:45 AM by vmb2000_uk
May 23, 2005 04:28 PM|guitu|LINK
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the
Refresh button, or try again later.
A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/IssueTracker/Default.aspx'. Line...
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ASPNET.StarterKit.IssueTracker._Default" CodeFile="Default.aspx....
May 25, 2005 11:08 AM|PegasuZ|LINK
Apr 08, 2006 02:25 AM|docluv|LINK
Check out this Blog, it may be a case sensative thing.
Sep 10, 2006 02:58 AM|MorningZ|LINK
** edit **
Sorry, i didn't notice this was the issue tracker forum (came right to this topic from a google hit)... i posted it in the
general forum instead
Jan 17, 2007 08:31 PM|tgardner|LINK
I encountered the same problem - one of these two responses may fix the problem. Check to see if the problem persists
on another machine. I found that it only existed on my development machine.
Development Machine vs regular user
Jan 26, 2007 03:26 PM|sharris|LINK
This happened to me using VS Web Dev Express.
I was able to fix it by going into IIS, then the properties of the site, ASP.NET TAB.
The ASP.NET Version was blank in the drop down for some reason. Once I selected I was able to resolve it.
Jul 18, 2007 08:56 AM|shahrinn|LINK
Oct 04, 2007 10:53 PM|sonaliagrawal|LINK
I have tried everything that you have mentioned here.. It does not work for me. Please help!
Feb 15, 2008 01:34 PM|MarcRosoe|LINK
I also have the same issue. I have tryed to reinstall IIS and ASP.NET 2.0 also did the aspnet_regiis -i and -e to not avail.
I am running server 2003 with IIS 6.0.
I am trying to open the website VIA local path
Any other suggestions?
Apr 09, 2008 07:20 AM|arti.manathkar|LINK
Actually when i run my project on localhost , it is running but if i give the Machine ip address in stead of localhostit is giving error like" name was started with an invalid character" please guide me regarding this...
Thanks if any help is found
Apr 23, 2008 08:09 AM|damole|LINK
I tried this and it worked, thanks!
It is helpful to shut down all the browsers trying to access that script and stop and restart IIS. Maybe not necessary but helped me.
Aug 27, 2008 09:26 PM|drobertsaspnet|LINK
I remember an issue when I first started using WCF services on my XP box. I had to go into iis and map the .svc extension appropriately so iis knew what to do with it.
I recently had to do this again after installing the VS2008 SP1.
Its worth the effort to see if your file mappings in IIS are correct.
Hope this helps
Sep 01, 2008 10:48 PM|Lukmaan|LINK
I did that. Now it is showing "Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionStrings' ".I am using IIS 5.1 and I have both Frame work 1.1 and 2.0. Awaiting your reply
Jan 29, 2009 11:25 PM|skamin|LINK
Works for me ... thanks Peg
Oct 19, 2009 03:44 AM|Stormy22|LINK
Its very easy to fix this problem.
Go into your web site properties and see what version of ASP.NET you are using. If its 1.1, you need to change the <%@ Page %>
directive to use Codebehind="...". If its ASP.NET 2.0 or later, you need to use
Codefile="..." and remove the Inherits="" phrase. Thats it! Most people are switching framework versions on different servers and are not make this change at the top of their ASPX pages. -
Jun 04, 2010 11:30 AM|chandruasp|LINK
I had the same problem, infact even http://localhost was not working.
I tried all the above listed changes and Server reboot also, but no luck.
finally, I resolved it as follows
Open a new webapplication --> run it locally once (bydefault it will run using "Asp.Net Development server").
What a surprise, all issues are vanished!!!.
Hope this will help others.
Thanks ~ Chandru
Jun 14, 2010 08:00 AM|Mahesh Dhinge|LINK
It worked for me after setting the ASP.NET version in the ASP.NET tab in IIS Manager. It was blank in my case.
Jun 18, 2010 10:45 AM|vmb2000_uk|LINK
The following worked for me:
Open Internet Information Service Manager (start -> run -> "inetmgr")
Click on the Web Service Extensions folder,
Ensure "Active Server Pages" and "ASP.NET v2.0.50727" are "Allowed".