Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Dec 13, 2012 01:59 AM by syedali12
May 04, 2004 11:57 PM|LINK
May 14, 2004 04:20 AM|LINK
Jul 27, 2006 01:27 PM|LINK
I know that this is a bit late responding but if any web site on the box has any file or folder in the aspnet_client folder that is read-only, you will get that error message. It took two Microsoft Support engineers two hours to figure that out when I experienced
Basically, 0x80070005 is a generic "Access Denied" error code which could be caused by a number of things including not being an Admin or by one of the files in the aspnet_client folder flagged as Read-Only.
Aug 14, 2006 09:32 AM|LINK
Thanks very much, that fixed it a treat, please enjoy one virtual beverage. All the 1.1.4322 client files were flagged read only.
No more irritating WebValidationUi.js errors etc.
Dec 13, 2012 01:59 AM|LINK
I'm running window 8, I was able to run it with below steps:
1. Go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
2. Right click and click on "compatibility" tab
3. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windowx XP (Service Pack 3)"
4. Under "Privilege level" select "Run this program as an administrator"
5. go to dos prompt and run "aspnet_regiis -i" while you're in "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322" directory.