Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post May 13, 2012 07:12 PM by mou_inn
May 13, 2012 07:12 PM|LINK
i do not know wcf but very soon i have to learn it. so i go through some online tutorial & small sample code. so some question has come into my mind like
1) why service must have one interface?
2) why service interface need to decorate with attribute like service contract?
3) why all interface method signature must decorate with operation contract.
4) what is the meaning of service contract & operation contract. what these attribute does actually.
5) what is data contract? when one method should be decorated with attribute like data contract.
6) i am familiar with web service. i saw web service was not related with any port but wcf is always related with port....why?
7) when i host a small hello world wcf service application in a console apps and start on remote machine then my client could not connect it. reason may was like port was not forwarded. some time we can host wcf but we can not enter into router so in that
case we can not forward port. just tell me in that kind of situation how wcf client can connect to server?
8) can we create port and forward it programmatically when we host wcf on any remote machine.
if possible please discuss my points in details here. thanks