Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Apr 27, 2012 03:07 AM by SonicMan
Apr 25, 2012 08:32 PM|LINK
I finished my application, I installed my new web server and SQL server 2008 r2 as well, I havent join the web server into my active directory because I would like to separate the web server and my internal network information.
I am running the web server and the SQL sever at the same machine
I doble check that my SQL server accept remote connections, also I opened the por 1433 in my firewall.
but when I published my application I got and errore with my connection string.
the error is as follow
Error 3 Web deployment task failed.((4/25/2012 3:38:12 PM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.)
(4/25/2012 3:38:12 PM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer. The database 'Services.mdf' could not be created. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server
was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid) 0 0 Seacrest
My connection string is :
Source=SSI\MSSQLSERVER;Initial Catalog=Services.mdf;Integrated Security=True"
please if some one can help will be really appreciated .
Apr 25, 2012 10:28 PM|LINK
When ever you are copying theMDF make sure that the sql server is stopped
And try to also connect using a Data source name, this should work .
Apr 26, 2012 01:37 PM|LINK
I am using Visual Studio 2010 Pro, and the way I transfer the files is through Publish.
What I don't understand is, if I have the SQL server Stopped at the time that I am publishing my application Visual studio never will find the SQL server.
I don't know if I am in an error.
The problem is not transferring files, visual studio transferred all the files to the right web folder, the problem is with my connection string.
Apr 27, 2012 03:07 AM|LINK
FYI - I just worked through a solution to this error that was caused by another reason, perhaps this will help someone.
I double checked everything, Server Name was right, Instance name was right, Database name was right. Well, not entirely. On my server the instance I installed was not named, it was the default unnamed instance. Thus having the instance name wrong or one
that doesn't exist also yielded this error. Upon ommiting the instance name from the connect string, everything finally worked again.
Long story short - my experience with this after testing is that this error can be recieved if the Server Name is correct, but the Instance name is incorrect or doesn't exist.