Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Mar 05, 2012 01:05 AM by Dino He - MSFT
Mar 01, 2012 06:32 PM|LINK
I have a project copied from different PC to a new PC. The project was built in VS2005 with .NET 2.0. I open this project in VS2008 and VS2010, rebuilding the project in DEBUG mode works, but does not work when Release-NonAuthorization mode is selected.
The error is below. I also tried running this project in VS2005 on a different PC, but the result is the same, error.
I've googled for this error and tried the suggestions that are given by others, but it doesn't resolve the problem. One of the suggestion partly work, which is, removing all the web service references. However, after I put the web service reference back,
the error comes back. Another suggestion points out that the ToolPath is looking at the wrong directory. However, I do not know where the ToolPath is.
Error Description: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Mar 01, 2012 09:23 PM|LINK
I tried on another machine with VS2005 running on WinXP. And it works!!!
Both machines that i tried on in my initial post have Win7. I think I know what's going on. Will post if I found the solution.
Mar 01, 2012 10:54 PM|LINK
Okay, I don't know what's going on then. =)
I compiled it on another VS2010 on a different XP and it works. Also compiled on two different Win7 PC with VS2010; result is the same as the other Win7 PC
Mar 05, 2012 01:05 AM|LINK
This problem occurs when sgen.exe is not able to get write access to your output assembly to generate serialization assembly.
Reason may be file is read only or it is on UNC path.
To resolve this issue you have following options.
Copy your solution to you system local drive then build your solution.
Use caspol.exe to grant full trust to the UNC path.
Disable Generate serialization assembly option from your project properties build tab.
For more info please visit