Last post Jan 27, 2015 07:41 AM by protonmesh
Feb 13, 2012 02:01 PM|Bushwick|LINK
For some reason when I tried to open my project on the web browser today, which I hadn't changed from Friday, I get this new error message "unable to connect to the configured development Web server". How can I fix this?
Feb 13, 2012 04:32 PM|Bushwick|LINK
Has anyone encountered this error before and managed to fix it?
Feb 20, 2012 04:52 AM|Richey|LINK
You can refer to the answers in the below links.
Feb 20, 2012 10:10 AM|P_IT|LINK
please check here same problem and solution on that
I hope it helps
Oct 19, 2013 06:02 AM|Brain.Child|LINK
I was having the same issue. Fresh install windows 8.1 & fresh install of VS 2013. Tried all the steps I could find nothing worked.
My Coworker sugested I install Webmatrix and see if I could run IE from there. After downloading and installing it worked I then wen't back to VS 2013 and it was working fine from there as well.
Not sure if this will help anyone else but there it is.
Nov 04, 2013 01:47 PM|Webmonkeymon|LINK
If it was working and one morning you come in and it is not working and you get this error. I believe our network sometimes forces i.e. shut if i leave it open at night. When it does that, it sometimes resets the i.e. defaults which I need to change
i.e. internet options >> connections >> lan settings >> deselect use a proxy server.
then it works again.
I forget about this solution sometimes because its not very often this happens. But this works for me on windows 7
Jan 27, 2015 07:41 AM|protonmesh|LINK
This error can probably be caused by a host of issues, which all have the manifest symptom of not being able to connect to the IIS web server. In my case, it was likely because IIS Express was failing to start and so no connection could be made to it.
In my case, my Documents\IIS Express was from an older system with Visual Studio + WebMatrix installed. I moved it to my new system on which I installed VS only. Installing WebMatrix on the new system as well might have fixed the issue, but I opted to simply
delete the folder and relaunch VS, which recreated a fresh copy of the folder.
All errors related to IIS were subsequently fixed.