Last post Dec 23, 2011 10:17 PM by 83864 Guy
Dec 23, 2011 10:17 PM|83864 Guy|LINK
I have having the weiredest problem. To clean up some version control issues I took the time to take an existing solution (which has 2 projects in it, one a web application and one a number of clases) and move it to a new, clean solution. I realized after
moving it that in some of the pages the debugger breakpoints werent working.
In some pages it does, but it some it doesnt. I made sure all the switches and properties were set, deleted \bin files, etc etc. But as I said in some pages breakpoints work, in some they dont. I went so far as to delete an offending page entirely
and rather than copy it in from the old solution, I re-built it from scratch. Still no breakpoint. And here is the kicker: if I make one of the pages the breakpoint doesnt fire in the start-up page, the breakpoint works correctly. Its when I hit it from
a link in the site the breakpoint doesnt fire.
I tried rebooting and deleting the files in \windows\microsoft.net\frameworks\<4.x>\Temporay asp.net files (the folder name was something like that) and it still exhibits the same behavior.
VS2010 Pro, Local IIS (same behavior if I run it under Cassini), Windows 7.