Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Apr 07, 2011 09:53 AM by Bonekrusher
Apr 06, 2011 02:43 PM|LINK
Hi I am trying to depoly a web application with Crystal Reports. On my development box, everything runs fine. But on my deployment box I get the following error:
Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=10.5.3700.0,
I have run a merged module setup - Do I need to reboot the machine for it to take affect?
What else am i missing?
Thanks for the help
Apr 07, 2011 02:06 AM|LINK
it seems that you did not install the crystal report properly on the deployment server. Kindly reinstall it and if you still experience the issue, you need to check the Crystal Report setup on your application. Please make sure the CR is running on the correct
application pool and read and write permission are applied properly.
hope this helps
Apr 07, 2011 09:53 AM|LINK
Thanks. I had to create a setup up application in VS and checked Visual Studio Crystal Reports 2008 (x86, 64) as a prerequisite. Than I ran the MSI on the deployment server.
1. Open your solution in Visual Studio
2. Select your solution
3. Right Click > Add > New Project > Setup Project
4. Give your setup file a name and click OK
5. Your new setup project is created
6. Right Click on your new project > Properties > Prerequisites
7. For Visual Studio 2008 – only select “Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008(x86, x64)”
8. For Visual Studio 2005 – only select “Crystal Reports for .Net Framework 2.0”
9. Right Click on your setup project and click build
10. Now, move the Setup and MSI file to the deployment server and install.