Home/ASP.NET Forums/General ASP.NET/Web Forms Data Controls/GridView with insert from Footer if gridview is empty

GridView with insert from Footer if gridview is empty [Answered]RSS

20 replies

Last post Feb 10, 2010 05:38 AM by ziazai123

• ziazai123

ziazai123

324 Points

1187 Posts

Re: GridView with insert from Footer if gridview is empty

Feb 09, 2010 09:00 AM|ziazai123|LINK

decker dong - msft

Well, that's strange.

I guess you can  try something like this:

Protected Sub odsProgress_Inserting(ByVal sender As ObjectByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceMethodEventArgs) Handles odsProgress.Inserting   

•   'Try to find RequiredValidator and use validate first, then do if(Page.IsValid())
  • ' Do what you have now
  •  

Something I found. Before I put ValidationGroup= MyInsert in both texbox and RequiredFieldValidator thats why it was not validating. When I removed ValidationGroup from RequiredFieldValidator, it asked to insert text in textbox. So it is working but there is another question aroused.

I have another FormView in the same page populated with some other datasource. This FormView is to update data but when I cliked Insert button without having text in the textbox of the requiredfiledvalidator and at the same time I clicked to update ForwView to update data then it is updating. In this situation I am able to just only Cancel the updation and put data in the textbox of the validator and click insert. After that I can update FormView.

I want to make work seperately both gridview and formview.

Hope you understand!

Ziauddin
    Abu Dhabi (UAE)
  • shawpnendu

shawpnendu

Contributor

3091 Points

875 Posts

Feb 09, 2010 11:53 AM|shawpnendu|LINK

Strange.... OK Remove validationgroup from textbox & assign to button tag by appropriate validation group.

Shawpnendu Bikash Maloroy
    MCTS
    www.codedisplay.com
  • ziazai123

ziazai123

324 Points

1187 Posts

Feb 09, 2010 02:53 PM|ziazai123|LINK

shawpnendu

assign to button tag by appropriate validation group.

What do you mean by apporopriate group. By looking my above code, could you suggest appropriate?

Ziauddin
    Abu Dhabi (UAE)
  • shawpnendu

shawpnendu

Contributor

3091 Points

875 Posts

Feb 10, 2010 05:06 AM|shawpnendu|LINK

I guess you have two validation group. Am i right? ALso you have two submit button. For which sublimt button you want to fire which validation group? Just assign that. For an example see the below code snippet:

<asp:TextBox ID="txt1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ID="rq1" ErrorMessage="*" ValidationGroup="1" ControlToValidate="txt1"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="cmd1" Text="cmd1" ValidationGroup="1" /></br>
    <asp:TextBox ID="txt2" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ID="rq2" ErrorMessage="*" ControlToValidate="txt2" ValidationGroup="2"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="cmd2" Text="cmd2" ValidationGroup="2" />

Let me know if you can't understand.

Shawpnendu Bikash Maloroy
    MCTS
    www.codedisplay.com
  • ziazai123

ziazai123

324 Points

1187 Posts

Feb 10, 2010 05:38 AM|ziazai123|LINK

shawpnendu

I guess you have two validation group. Am i right? ALso you have two submit button. For which sublimt button you want to fire which validation group? Just assign that. For an example see the below code snippet:

<asp:TextBox ID="txt1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ID="rq1" ErrorMessage="*" ValidationGroup="1" ControlToValidate="txt1"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="cmd1" Text="cmd1" ValidationGroup="1" /></br>
    <asp:TextBox ID="txt2" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ID="rq2" ErrorMessage="*" ControlToValidate="txt2" ValidationGroup="2"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="cmd2" Text="cmd2" ValidationGroup="2" />

Let me know if you can't understand.

Yes you are right. I have changed my code as per your suggestion.

Thanks, now it is done.

I am closing this Post because I found my answers.

Thanks for support received from all contributors.

Ziauddin
    Abu Dhabi (UAE)
  • ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›