Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Dec 31, 2009 02:16 AM by Thomas Sun – MSFT
Dec 28, 2009 02:37 PM|LINK
I created an MSI package and it works great. However, the source code aren't compiled. They show up row in the test web server. This is No No in our environment. Are there any steps that I am missing during the creation of MSI package. Both Web Site Project
(meaning the web service i created is in the http:\\localhost\BannerWS) and setup project under one solution.
Dec 30, 2009 01:23 PM|LINK
I followed this article but my package is not based on the compiled version (still the raw files)
1. I right click on the web services project and clicked on "Publish Web Site".
2. I went to the file system and saw that it compiled.
3. Then I right click on the deployment project (in the same solution), Add > Project Output
4. In the project drop down I see the current project c:\...\webservicetest\ (not the pre-compiled one) and I can't change this
5. In the body it states "content Files" , I select that and click OK
6. then proceed with Build.
7. I take the MSI and install and then I see all the aspx.cs files, wsTEST.cs, etc. insead of the dll files. the bin folder is empty...
Dec 31, 2009 02:16 AM|LINK
To add precompiled version ASP.NET website, you can use Web Deployment project to precompile your ASP.NET website and then use this Web Deployment Project's output as Web Setup's input (Right click Web Setup project and select Add Project Output..., and
then select Web deployment project from Project dropdown list).
For more information, see
I look forward to receiving your test results.