Last post Sep 10, 2009 02:36 AM by darkknight187
Sep 08, 2009 09:59 AM|po10cy|LINK
howsit guys i have my own customised starter kit hosted at www.classifieds4u.co.za however its giving issues. Firstly I had to create the database in my hosting control panel and restore my classifiedsdb.mdf to that database, I altered the connection string,
however it stilll gives issues and for the life of me i cant figure out why. Secondly, what does the aspnet.mdf database get used for and howdo i connect to it? is it a issue with my site not reading anything in my App_data folder? the database is a sql
server 2005 database that I made and restored to, the hosting company says it restored the backup just fine. Please help me this is the last few steps then my site is working. here is my web.config file info:
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="Off"/>
<authentication mode="Forms" />
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
<add name="FirstName" type="System.String"/>
<add name="LastName" type="System.String"/>
<add name="MemberId" defaultValue="0" type="System.Int32"/>
<siteMap defaultProvider="RoleEnabled_AspNetXmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
<add name="RoleEnabled_AspNetXmlSiteMapProvider" type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" siteMapFile="web.sitemap"
<add name="classifiedsdb" connectionString="Data Source=220.127.116.11; Database=classifiedsdb.mdf; UID=MYUSERNAME; PWD=MYPASSWORD; Integrated Security=SSPI;" />
Sep 08, 2009 11:08 AM|oidldb|LINK
In your connection string you should use datasource=localhost because the file is stored in the App_Data folder in your website.
Sep 08, 2009 11:40 AM|po10cy|LINK
tried that but it wont work, my database is sitting with my hosting company on their servers, not locally on my pc.
Sep 09, 2009 02:57 AM|darkknight187|LINK
The ASPNETDB is missing, and that holds the actual members data.
I recomend using two MSSQL databases, the actual connection string should be provided by your host provider.
But this should get you on the right track.
Note the first database is the classifieds database, and the second is the members database.
<add name="classifiedsConnection" connectionString="Data Source=****************;
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=*********************;
Sep 09, 2009 03:48 PM|po10cy|LINK
thanks for that help.
i have both databases up, and i ran a query on both to create the tables and store procedures. so it displays my site, www.classifieds4u.co.za
however when i try create a new user it takes me to a error page, is tehre something i must still do with the app_data folder or its contents? all i done so far was upload my site from my local machine, create 2 databases on my hosting plans servers, ran
a query on those to create the tables and store procedures, then i changed the connection string to what it is below...is there anything else? like how does it know that the site-config.xml file is in the app_data folder, could that be the issue with trying
to create a new user?
here is my web.config file:
<add name="classifiedsConnection" connectionString="Data Source=**DATASOURCE**;
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=**DATASOURCE**;
Sep 10, 2009 02:36 AM|darkknight187|LINK
Really you should post the error when that's your issue.
My sample connection string was with godaddy.
So you're will be different.
They may not even use some of the data such as "initial category"
When you create a database on Godaddy, they make it easy.
(Pre-loaded with everything needed for the members database.)
I did have to load one myself once that had an error that I don't remember right off the bat.
But it had something to do with not recognizing what version was running.
I went to your site and I see the error.
requires a database schema compatible with schema version '1'
There is a table named "aspnet_schemaversions"
You can either look on your local version for what to put in but this is basically it.
common 1 1
health monitoring 1 1
membership 1 1
personalization 1 1
profile 1 1
role manager 1 1