Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Aug 05, 2009 11:30 PM by jkubena
Aug 05, 2009 11:30 PM|LINK
I am developing a web app that allows users to upload a map (just a jpeg file) into a sql database and then they are allowed to add hotspots to the map where network cabinets are located. The main objectives for this are.
1. User uploads an image
2. An image button is used to get cordinates to add a hotspot to that map. The user clicks the image button that contains map and the even handler returns the cordinates.
3. the user enters a name for the network rack and the cordinates along with the name and map the cordinates belong to are stored in a sql database.
4. After that is complete the user should be able to look up that map, the imagemap will appear with those hotspots the use previously chose loaded. The user can then click a hotspot and it will bring the user to a page that displays the information for
that network rack.
- There are a few things i want to figure out.
- Is there any way i can place a marker (all it needs to be is a green dot or png or something of that sort) on the map in the center of the circle-hotspot that marks that a network rack is there?
- eg. Is it possible i could just put an image/link with an absolute position over that imagemap? the only cordinates i have stored are the cordinates of the image (top left corner of the
image starting at 0,0)
- Also, after a user selects cordinates for a hotspot i would like the user to be able to select the corisponding network rack from the sql database that praticular that hotspot belongs to. I would like this process to be similar to facebook. The user selects
to achieve this.