8 replies

Last post Mar 16, 2010 06:20 PM by fastfasterfastest

• jhagemeier

jhagemeier

1 Points

3 Posts

Re: Missing MVC Template for Web Developer

Mar 12, 2009 01:37 AM|jhagemeier|LINK

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't resolve the problem. It appears the installer put the templates here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 1.0 RC2\Temp MvcControllerItemTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcControllerItemTemplatev1.vb.zip MvcViewContentPageItemTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcViewMasterPageItemTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcViewMasterPageItemTemplatev1.vb.zip MvcViewPageItemTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcViewPageItemTemplatev1.vb.zip MvcViewUserControlItemTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcViewUserControlItemTemplatev1.vb.zip MvcWebApplicationProjectTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcWebApplicationProjectTemplatev1.vb.zip MvcWebApplicationTestProjectTemplatev1.cs.zip MvcWebApplicationTestProjectTemplatev1.vb.zip Do I need to unzip these into a VWD folder somewhere??
  • jhagemeier

jhagemeier

1 Points

3 Posts

Mar 12, 2009 03:29 AM|jhagemeier|LINK

Uninstalling and then reinstalling the ASP.NET MVC RC2 solved the problem. The mvc template is now showing up for me. Not exactly sure what I did wrong here. I simply selected vwd, asp.net mvc, and sql server from the MS web platform installer. Perhaps vwd needs to be installed first before asp.net mvc??
  • jeloff

jeloff

Participant

1641 Points

432 Posts

Mar 12, 2009 04:51 PM|jeloff|LINK

Hi

Yes, you must install MVC after VWD. When MVC is being installed, it needs to make some configuration changes in VWD to ensure that it becomes aware of the new templates. The temp folder that you mentioned under Program Files where MVC is installed, is used as a staging ground from which the MVC templates are installed. The folder is used for both VS and VWD.

Great to hear that it's working now.

Jacques

• christian13467

christian134...

None

0 Points

2 Posts

May 13, 2009 09:49 PM|christian13467|LINK

Cool! You saved my day!
    Now all is working and I am happy!

Christian

• MortezaAS

MortezaAS

None

0 Points

2 Posts

Sep 24, 2009 01:59 PM|MortezaAS|LINK

Thank you!

I had the same problem for about a month. And what a simple solution. I feel stupid!

• santaClara

santaClara

None

0 Points

1 Post

Mar 16, 2010 03:23 PM|santaClara|LINK

This is a pretty silly state of affairs and I am afraid this hasn't worked for me ... I already have VS 2008 Express sp1 installed and MVC 2 hasn't touched it ... is there a different version of MVC2 available which will touch it and should I also uninstall vs2010 RC (separate machine) 

• fastfasterfastest

fastfasterfa...

629 Points

206 Posts

Mar 16, 2010 06:20 PM|fastfasterfastest|LINK

Do you have VWD/VS installed in a non-default location?

If so, the solution is here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1519647.aspx

• ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›