Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Mar 01, 2012 04:20 AM by kattyjems
Jul 30, 2008 07:29 PM|LINK
Jul 31, 2008 08:46 AM|LINK
Is your application exists in this path c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config direct or it's included in subfolder ?
Aug 04, 2008 01:48 PM|LINK
Aug 04, 2008 01:50 PM|LINK
I think you have a problem in the application path because the error message showing in correct path
Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' because access is denied
Aug 04, 2008 02:06 PM|LINK
Oct 20, 2011 09:09 AM|LINK
Need to give the all permissions to the web.config file, check this link
1) http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2005/08/30/242.aspx in this page u have see the fig: web.config1 properties. do the permissions in admin level.
2) check the C drive: right click on Inetpub --> go to the Properties --> Select the tab Securities--> give the all permissions.
3) locate the machine.config file under your .NET framework 4.0's intalling
4) Open the machine.config file and find the <processModel> element, by
default it is configured as:
<processModel autoConfig="true" />
, we need to change it to below:
<processModel autoConfig="true" userName="System"/>
so as to let the ASP.NET worker process running under the local system
account(which has the most powerful permission and privileges on local
5) Restart IIS through "iisreset" command
Then, test your asp.net 4.0 applicaiton again to see whether it can
Mar 01, 2012 04:20 AM|LINK
Your Web.Config File should be in correct folder.
You have not placed your application in seperate folder.