Last post Mar 10, 2008 12:39 AM by wisecarver
Mar 09, 2008 02:41 AM|ldechent|LINK
THE QUESTION HAS BEEN SOLVED (see what is written below under the ********)
I want to activate ASP.NET 3.5 on a server with Windows Server 2003.
I found some instructions that called for typing a line into the cmd prompt and I believe this simply ran the executable file aspnet_regiis.exe in the folder
I did another line, and then went to “Web Service Extensions” and changed ASP.NET v1.1.4322 from Prohibited to Allowed.
This fixed earlier problems but then I had an error which I believe comes from the fact that my configSections states version”22.214.171.124” which is higher than v1.1.4322.
I was hoping I could go back to the folder
And click on an executable
And then it would update my server to have ASP.NET 3.5 and I could return to Web Services Extensions and find ASP.NET v3.5 and change that from Prohibited to Allowed?
Am I going in the right direction?
If so, can you tell me which executable file (or files) I need to run to make this happen?
Thank you for your help with this.
SIDE NOTE: I got my help for getting started with this from the web page
http://www.geekpedia.com/prog_ttrls.php?id=25 and after doing everything there, I think anyone would be at the point I am right now if they want to use ASP.NET 2.0 or higher.
It appears that the above can be remedied as follows:
1. Go to Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Click on your local computer, click on Web Sites, right click on "Default Web Site", choose Properties, click on the ASP.NET tab, and change your ASP.NET version to 2.0.50727.
At this point you will now have a file aspnet_regiis.exe in your v2.0.50727 folder.
3. Go to Start, Run, type cmd on the runline, and then after the prompt type
and it will take a while, telling you some message about installing, and periods appear going from left to right slowly
When I went to type the second line (mentioned in the Geekpedia post, and mentioned above, it said that it opened it but it didn't do anything with it)
However, when I went back and tried to view an aspx page, it worked fine.
Possibly if you read this before starting and you switched over to v2.0.50727 on that tab, and you did this before executing those run commands--then you need to type both commands (whereas I only needed one).
I'm now running into a problem with a my database being read only, but I'm confident this will be easier to fix (and it is a different question).
Mar 10, 2008 12:39 AM|wisecarver|LINK
Good job, thanks for the update. [;)]
If you still have trouble with the DB post in the sections below, lots of help there.