Last post Jul 16, 2009 07:15 PM by bhohm
Jan 30, 2008 12:21 AM|sammus|LINK
I am trying to install old version of DNN, version 1.x on my system, I have worked on DNN but with higher versions and on visual studio 2005.
For this project I need visual studio 2003 or 2002 as its DNN 1.x, i am facing problem with setting up the application
I created a virtual directory and redirected it to the folder where i have source code. If i browse through the IE my application opens up,
But I am unable to open in visual studio 2003.
"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local web server. Run Visual Studio .NET setup and add the web development component."
I tried deleting VSWebCache folder, but no luck, it still says the same, after this error it says, application should be converted to the formats used by this version of Visual studio .Net. i don't want to convert the application
Does this mean that I should be using previous version ie visual studio.Net 2002, to open this application??
Please help me, its very urgent
Feb 01, 2008 08:42 AM|Benson Yu - MSFT|LINK
There are many reasons can cause this error. Please try the following steps. I hope they will be helpful to you.
• Check the permission of that virtual directory: Right click the virtual directory and then select “All Tasks | Permissions Wizard”.
• Open the .webinfo file in your web project to confirm it points to the correct virtual directory.
• Check if any third party ISAPI filters installed and remove them. Right click the “Default Web Site”, and then select “Properties”, click the “ISAPI Filters” tab.
• Reinstall asp.net 1.1 by command: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
Jul 16, 2009 07:15 PM|bhohm|LINK
Ran into this error message too. I my case it was a red herring.
I had checked out someone elses web project and tried opening it in V.S .NET 2003. Got the "...add the web development component" message. The real problem was I had checked out the project to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\LogProcessWS and there were one or more project
files that expected things to be in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\LMS\LogProcessWS.
So it was a code control (Subversion or whatever) issue. It might be good policy to not include Visual Studio project files in code repositories.