Last post Jan 07, 2010 05:31 AM by suyash123
Jan 23, 2008 03:05 AM|marinadam|LINK
I am trying to use the new Visual Web Developer 2008 Express on my laptop running Vista Home Premium. Whenever I try and F5 to run a site, i get "Page cannot be found." When I try and go into ASP,NET configuration, I get the same message. I don't know
why this is not working. I have all the updates for Windows and such and even tried reinstalling .Net 3.5. Can someone please help me to get this running? The other weird thing is, that it worked like 2 weeks ago, but since then I got a virus and reformatted
and reinstalled everything from scratch. Previously I also had Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition installed. This time, I haven't installed 2005. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Jan 23, 2008 03:49 AM|dineshpl2001|LINK
Please check that page is running in local server/IIS or not
Jan 23, 2008 04:44 AM|marinadam|LINK
I am new to the web development environment, so I am not sure how to do that. The server information dispalys like this:
http://localhost:50996/Chapter03/. I am assuming that this means that I am running on a local server. Even if I try to go into ASP.NET Configuration thru Website > ASP.NET Configuration, I get this as my server:
http://localhost:62390/asp.netwebadminfiles/, but the same error: "
Jan 24, 2008 03:50 AM|marinadam|LINK
When I try to browse to my site in Firefox & IE using the address
http://127.0.0.1:49270/ (which is the port my test page is running on), I get this:
Version Information: ASP.NET Development Server 22.214.171.124
Feb 06, 2008 07:51 PM|portella|LINK
I have the same problem and disabling IPv6 in the registry solves for me ... IPv6 introduces some issues to resolve http://localhost ...
See a full explanation here:
May 11, 2009 03:08 AM|avidlearner|LINK
In my case it seems to be caused by a DNS issue. Also because I noticed that visual web developer is not using the same port (something it is not supposed to do) I edited my hosts file and pointed the server to the folder containing the website. The server
is working now fine until I find the right solution.
Jun 10, 2009 12:55 PM|visualcrystal|LINK
I think there are some components that are properly installer. My advise is to uninstall the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and install it again.
Jun 21, 2009 01:34 AM|cybernaresh|LINK
Here are the steps
1. 'Website' Menu in your visual studio ide.
2. select 'Start Options'
3. enable 'Use Custom Server' radio button.
4. Enter any URL you desire similar to 'http://localhost:8010/MyApp'
Note1: you can use any port number not only '8010' but not designated port numbers like 8080(tcpip),25(smtp),21(ftp) etc.,
Note2: you can use any name not only 'MyApp'
This solution should work unless your WebDev.Webserver.exe is physically corrupted othewise you have to look for any other approach.
Jun 24, 2009 10:41 PM|Mikhail Arkhipov (MSFT)|LINK
This thread may help http://forums.asp.net/t/1437368.aspx
Aug 23, 2009 10:24 AM|ajay01|LINK
the main and only one option to fix this problen is check your antivirus(nod32) configuration and unblock browser and visual studio...like
then it will fine.
Jan 07, 2010 05:31 AM|suyash123|LINK
Thank Above soluction works.
the solution: configure NOD32 to no longer see VS as a web browser. (setup -> advanced firewall setup -> antivirus & anti spyware -> web access protection -> HTTP –> webbrowsers >Active mode
Check visual std and .net framework in list