Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Sep 05, 2007 10:13 AM by firstname.lastname@example.org
Sep 03, 2007 06:50 PM|LINK
1. The server has 2 web sites(default web site and one another web site).
2. My application is hosted in second web site(not default web site)
3. application is configured with Windows Integarted authentication over SSL.
4. If i browse using the fully qualified domain name(https://mywebsitename.com/myapp/help.html) page(even a simple html file), IE shows authentication dialog, but on entering the password does not authenticate.(also
tried entering it in host file, but no success. but if it is showing authentication dialog, so probably it is not host file issue
5. If i use IP address like https://184.108.40.206/myapp/help.html, every thing works fine.
6. If i move my appliation to Default Web site, again every thing start working, even with fully quallified domain name.
Any idea what i am doing wrong and how to solve?
Thanks for consideration
Sep 03, 2007 08:14 PM|LINK
Looks like your name resolution isn't pointing to the correct address. Fix your DNS.
Sep 03, 2007 08:47 PM|LINK
how can i do that? can you pls point to any resource for doing that?
Sep 03, 2007 08:55 PM|LINK
It does not authenticate if i browse the page from the same server machine. but if i browse the page from a IE on a different machine it works fine even with fully quallified domain name.
Sep 05, 2007 10:13 AM|LINK
Check the DNS settings in your network setup on the server. Check to see if you have a hosts file. If it works from an outside system, that system is getting the correct name resolution.