Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Nov 21, 2008 02:48 PM by mcf2020
Jul 16, 2008 06:36 AM|LINK
I found a workaround
I found the solution (I will quote this site: http://ora-12154.ora-code.com/ )
" If you are using local naming (TNSNAMES.ORA file):" // we all use TNS
1. Make sure that "TNSNAMES" is listed as one of the values of the NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile (SQLNET.ORA)
-open file SQLNET.ORA a paste this:
names.directory_path=(LDAP, TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)
//for most of us only "TNSNAMES" is sufficient so it maybe
2. Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper directory and is accessible.
-if you didn't move it, it's on his proper directory
-if you want to just use the tnsnames.ora with aspnet user, you have to set rights for directory tree, and for files! Make sure three times for three and files separately
3.Check that the net service name used as the connect identifier exists in the TNSNAMES.ORA
4.Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. Look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Errors in a TNSNAMES.ORA file may make it unusable.
And that's it.
Nov 21, 2008 02:48 PM|LINK
I had this same error. The solution for me was to simply add the ASPNET user to the accounts allowed to access the tnsnames.ora file:
1) Locate the tnsnames.ora file
2) Right click and select properties
3) Click Security and add the ASPNET user, make sure it has at least Read and Read & Execute permissions