Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Last post Oct 09, 2006 10:33 AM by christopherl
Oct 09, 2006 10:33 AM|LINK
Let me start by saying that I'm extremely new to the entire development arena so please be gentle.
I'm working on a web app and would like to include active directory integrated security much like SharePoint. Here's a list of features I'm looking for:
1. For admins and managers, there is an interface that allows them to add users if they want.
2. The list of users is pulled directly from Active Directory.
3. Once added, the users automatically fall into one of several groups/roles that dictate what they can access.
4. For any field in the app that requires the selection of a user I'd like the list to only contain the names that were added in #1 above.
5. In my SQL database there needs to be some reference to the users for historical, reporting and other functions. (i.e. issues and incidents that were assigned to users for remediation.)
I've read this article about AzMan
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/11/AuthorizationManager/ and have followed the example but am unsure how to make it do what I'm
If anyone has any suggestions or can point me to some great resources I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance for all your help.