Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Mar 23, 2012 09:09 PM|LINK
You are correct. I had a misunderstanding of what precompile actually meant. After double checking my publish I have found that the views folder does have the original declarative markup templates (cshtml, I am using razor). It also has my content, scripts,
and bin folders. In the bin is one assembly for my web project and one for the entity framework.
So it appears the precompilation is not a factor in what is going wrong, that was a dumb mistake on my part. Sorry about that.
It gives me a little bit of hope that I may get this thing to work yet. I did go down the road of depency caching for a little bit but the changes I made for it had no affect either. No matter what I do in the browser (refresh, clear temp data, etc) after
I change the razor template in the database it never shows up in the website, unless I stop debug mode and delete the compiled assembly from the bin folder and restart the web app. When it has to recomplile all over it seems to use the VirtualPathProvider
I created and finds the custom code to go pull the razor view from the database table.
If you are interested in checking it out I can post the code that I am using this evening.