Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Oct 11, 2010 07:54 AM|LINK
Devtrio GROUP is proud to announce the new
Excel Reader .NET component.
Excel Reader .NET is a professional component that enables .NET developers to read
Excel files ( XLSX , XLS ,
CSV ) from .NET applications or website projects (C#, VB.NET). The Excel spreadsheet is represented as a tree structure. Root of the tree is a
ExcelWorkbook object that has different Worksheets and so on.
Excel Reader .NET component requires only .NET Framework and is many times faster than Excel automation objects. The code of Excel Reader .NET component is fully managed and works under .NET Framework started from 1.1 version. Developers
can create C# / VB.NET applications or deploy website on servers with medium-trust level
without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel.
Excel Reader .NET key features:
* Various cell data types (numbers, strings, dates, floating point etc.)
* Multiple excel worksheets.
* Number formatting (number,currency, date, time, fraction etc.)
* Font formatting (size, color, font type, italic and strikeout properties, boldness, underlining, subscript and superscript).
* Cell alignment (vertical, horizontal).
* Cell Background and Fill Pattern.
* Cell borders (color, style).
* Merged cells.
* Export XLSX XLS files to/from DataTable, DataSet.
* Read CSV files (delimited with comma, tab, semicolon or any other separator).
* Read Excel files XLSX XLS.
To read Excel XLSX XLS files from .NET project use the code below. Example of use Excel Reader .NET in C#:
ExcelWorkbook Wbook = new ExcelWorkbook();
ExcelCell A5 = Wbook.Worksheets.Cells["A5"];
string s = A5.Value.ToString();
Color c = A5.Style.Font.Color;
Example of use Excel Reader .NET in VB.NET:
Dim Wbook As ExcelWorkbook = New ExcelWorkbook()
Dim WSheet As ExcelWorksheet = Wbook.Worksheets(0)
Dim A5 As ExcelCell = WSheet.Cells("A5")
Dim s As String = A5.Value.ToString()
Dim c As Color = A5.Style.Font.Color;
For more information about Excel Reader .NET component please visit home page: