Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Apr 07, 2010 07:42 PM|LINK
We have a site that upon every page load, it tries to contact a sql server on the local machine. It does not contact localhost, but the actual IP of the local machine. It fails, then contacts the correct DB server for membership information.
In dev, apparently the server was contacting the local sqlexpress server, then contacting the correct DB as well. Only when we stopped the localmachine dev SQLExpress could we recreate the issue. We had removed entries in machine.config, and web.config
to .\sqlexpress, but the problem still persists.
Oddly, the system works, it is just very slow because on every page load, it contacts this phantom sql server. A netstat shows 192.168.1.100 SYN-SENT everytime.
asp .net 2. 0 sql server timeout