Jun 04, 2009 06:57 AM|gerrylowry|LINK
You do not mention whether you have VS2008 or VWD. You can have either or both. They should be at SP1; VWD will not even work without minimum of SP1 (i.e., current service pack level June/2009). .NET Framework must be 3.5; that you have. You should have
no addins until after ASP.NET MVC v1.0 is installed.
Worst case scenario: you may have to rebuild your system. I had to face that because of a random bug.
If you do have to rebuild, follow this procedure after backing up anything you do not want to lose:
(1) install Windows
(2) update Windows until there are no more updates
(3) install VS2008 and/or VWD 2008.
(4) update VS2008 and/or VWD 2008 to SP1
(5) install ASP.NET MVC v1.0
(6) build the default ASP.NET MVC application before you do anything else.
(7) add back any VS addins you have [repeat step (6) after each addin]