Get Help:Ask a Question in our Forums|Report a Bug|More Help Resources
Jun 06, 2008 06:58 PM|LINK
I am trying to convert an old ASP.Net 1.1 app to 2.0.
These are the steps I followed:
1) Open the 1.1 sln file with VS 2005 - it went through a conversion wizard process and converted the project succesfully.
2) Right click on root folder and select Convert to Web Application - It converted all the files to Partial Class model and created designer files as well.
3) Now I build the web site and it works fine - all the pages come up correctly. The fun starts now.....
1) I add a control to the aspx page and it does not get added to the designer page automatically.
2) I see lots of code highlighted in code behind page with error messages: (example: Control1 is not a member of webform1) there are hundreds of examples like that...though I can see control1 included in the designer class as well) and the page also works
and compiles fine. As soon as I make some deliberate compolation error in my code behind file, VS now shows up all these messages as errors in the Error List.
I am confused as to what I am missing.